Homage

january eighth, 2020

.. 11:32 a.m. ..

ami spun on her chair, filled with boredom. she decided to call alexis.

duck boy is not available at this moment.

was all she got back. she felt slight worry, knowing that they hadn't talked  since the time at the bridge. maybe he didn't like her as she'd begun liking him. she shook off the thoughts, grabbing a glass of water and gulping it down. "he's probably still asleep," she said to herself. she decided to call kale, wanting to go out once more. it was better for her mind to be occupied by something other than alex and work. 

"hey, kale."

"hi, ami." he muttered, she assumed he just woke up. "you woke me up, you know."

"oh yeah? well it's almost noon anyways. you shouldn't sleep in this late," she replied with a smirk he couldn't see.

"rude."

"it's not rude, it's responsible. which you must not have." her tone was laced with that of a joke, but kale was to tired.

"i'm too tired for this, ams."

"new nickname? should i call you k now?"

"please don't, i'm tired. what did you want anyways?"

"i wanted to go shopping with you, unless you're gonna be busy."

"i guess i can check, i doubt i have anything to do since i never do."

"cool! can you come over soon then?"

"yeah. see you later, ami."

"yup!"

kale hung up, and ami moved to her couch. she laid down, running a hand through her hair and taking a few deep breaths.

in.

out.

one.

in.

out.

two.

in.

out.

three.

in.

out.

four.

it calmed her nerves, making her give in to a smile. her phone beeped and took her out of her trance. as she checked the notification, she smiled brighter.

duck boy has messaged you

she tapped in her pin and opened the message.