Are You Bored Yet?

january third, 2020

.. 6:35 p.m. ..

ami heard a soft knock on her door. she rolled her eyes and opened it, finding alex on the other side of the door.

"are you serious?" she asked him, moving to the side to let her in.

"didn't i say i'd see you?"

"well yeah, but-"

"so i'm here, and let's do something." alexis cuts her off.

"okay, what movie would you wanna watch?"

"why not the bee movie?"

"oh god."

"please?" alex pleaded, looking at ami with his best puppy-dog eyes.

"fine. do you want any snacks?" ami replied, rolling her eyes at him.

"popcorn please!" he replied before sitting onto the couch.

"okay," ami said. she then went to get some microwave popcorn from her pantry, and just popped one into the microwave above her stove for two minutes and thirty seconds.  she also grabbed a large blue bowl from the left side of her stove, setting it onto the counter for the popcorn. once the popcorn finished popping and the microwave dinged, she took the bag out and tore it, putting every kernel inside the bowl. after she finished, she turned off her lights and left for the couch, which alexis took over. she sighed, smacking his legs a couple of times before he moved them to make room for her to sit next to him. 

"thanks for the popcorn and stuff. also, your couch is super nice, ami."

"you're welcome, now let's just start this movie so you can leave as soon as possible, alexis." 

"woow, wanna get rid of me that bad huh?"

"only because you barged in here without even texting beforehand."

"we called!"  alex refuted.

"you still should've said when you were five minutes away, pendejo." she insulted.

"fine. my bad." 

"thank you, now shut up and watch the terrible movie."

"it's not terrible!" 

"it's a dead meme of a movie, alex!" 

"pfft." he burst into laughter as the movie played in the background. amitola swore she felt warmth on her cheeks, but her air was up higher than usual so that must be it. she shook it off, continuing to watch the movie with alex's snarky remarks throughout with her own sassy replies.

.. 8:10 p.m. ..

the movie had finished and amitola begged for alex to leave her house, and alex, being stubborn, kept refusing.

"oh, mi amor, it is just so scary in these unknown los angeles streets!"