Sofia

january fifth, 2020

.. 9:50 a.m. ..

karl calls kale, not fully expecting him to pick up, although he does.

"hello?" kale says sleepily.

"hey k."

"oh, hi karl."

"i was just asking if you knew anything on ami's feelings."

"uh, no. we don't have that kind of friendship. we just kinda come over whenever, hang out, cuddle. help each other and that stuff."

"oh okay."

"yup."

"did i wake you up?"

"yeah. i sleep in when i don't have school to do."

"i thought you had tons of assignments piled up lately."

"ami helped me last night, she went to bed earlier than me but ya know. i kept working and got it all done."

"did she spend the night?"

"yup. she had to borrow some of my stuff. she had to leave like two hours ago for her work."

"shit." 

"what?" kale asks.

"qua- alex, uh, went to talk to her. he thought she didn't like how pushy he was."

"she never said anything to me, so i doubt it really bothered her. she's rather rude in the spurr of certain moments even when she won't care later on."

"oh, well i gotta go make sure alex doesn't say the wrong stuff."

"i gotta sleep more."

"bye!"

"bye-" karl hung up and quickly put on a hoodie, grabbing his car keys and locking his doors before leaving. he rushed to his car, unlocking the driver's side door and driving as quickly as he could to amitola's workplace. he saw quackity right outside the doors, clearly taking deep breaths. karl tried getting out as fast as he could, but couldn't stop him before he went into the restaurant. karl made his way in, scared for his friend. 

"can i see ami when she's on break?" alex asks, karl watching from a distance.

"yeah. she'll be at the back door in a few minutes! her break is only thirty minutes though, sir."

"okay, thank you."

"of course."

alex heads back towards the front doors, finally noticing karl.

"she wasn't avoiding you, q."

"really?"

"yeah. she was helping her friend with homework he was past due on."

"ohh.." alex thinks for a moment. "i'm still gonna talk to her. i think i need to tell her something."

"what's that?"