CHAPTER EIGHT

Lizzie ran towards the building that the Runners mapped out the maze, surprised to find the door was open

Lizzie ran towards the building that the Runners mapped out the maze, surprised to find the door was open. Minho and Thomas turned around to her.

"Hey, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here." Minho reminded her.

"Yeah, I know, Shank." Lizzie rolls her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. "But it's about the girl."

"What? Is she awake?" Thomas asked her.

Lizzie nods. "Yeah." She rubs the side of her head with a pained look on her face. "Found out she also has a good aim." The boys shared a confused look, and Lizzie gestured for them to follow her. So, they followed Lizzie to the Watch Tower.

"Hey, Chuck, what's going on?" Thomas asked as they stood near Chuck, who stood off to the side laughing at the Gladers.

"Girls are awesome." Chuck laughed. He pointed at the girl throwing rocks at the Gladers below, yelling at them to leave her alone.

They went over to the group, and Minho picked up a nearby plank of wood. He put it over his and Lizzie's head as the girl continued to throw things at them so they wouldn't get hit.

Newt had his hand over his head to cover himself not to get hit, and Winston moved over to him, using the plank of wood he was using to protect himself and used it to cover Newt as well. "I don't think she likes us that much." Newt noticed.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Newtie." Lizzie rolled her eyes.

"What do you want from me?" The girl throwing the rocks questioned.

"Hey, look, we just wanna talk," Thomas speaks up, but that wasn't much of help. If anything, it just made her more violent. "Lizzie, why don't Lizzie you go up to talk to her? She might feel more comfortable talking with another girl." Thomas suggested, glancing at the brunette-haired girl beside Minho.

Lizzie shakes her head with a grimaced expression. "I tried that, and now my head hurts."

When the girl first saw Lizzie with the boys, she stopped throwing rocks for a bit, and Lizzie even made it over to the latter. That was until the girl threw a rock at her that hit the top of Lizzie's head, and so Lizzie went back to hiding with Minho. It was clear the girl wanted her space.

After the girl threw some more things, Thomas finally told her who he was. "It's Thomas!"

Lizzie was surprised that the girl stopped throwing things when he said that. The girl then peeks through the railing, looking down at Thomas. "Okay, I'm gonna come up, okay?" Thomas asked.

The girl didn't say anything as she moved away from the railing. Everyone lowered whatever they had to cover them from getting hit when it seemed like the girl was done with throwing things. "Okay," Thomas said, glancing at everyone. "Just me."