ᴘʀᴏʟᴏᴜɢᴇ: ɢᴜᴇss ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

- lower case intended

she ran her small fingers through her hair in frustration. why couldn't she serve this ball? 

"hello!" exclaimed a proud voice, " do you need help with serving? i am pretty good if i do say so myself." 

(y/n) turned around to look at the boy. her heart fluttered a little bit as she examined the boy. he was her age and had fluffy brown hair and brown eyes that seemed to shine. way better than her poopy (e/c) eyes she thought. 

what caught her attention though was the volleyball in his hand and the small alien patch on the middle of his sleeve. 

she nodded with her head down, " if you can help that would be great, but it would take a miracle for me to finally get this ball over the net. even if it is an underhand serve!" she looked up and pointed at her ball that was stuck in the tree to prove her point, but the boy was already moving towards her to help. 

" okay..." he put his hands on his hips, " what is your name again?" 

" oh uh (y/n)," she replied while pointing at herself. 

" okay, (y/n)," she smiled at her name, " just copy what I do"

(y/n) tied up her hair with an (f/c) hair tie and looked at the slightly taller boy with furrowed brows, " yessir,"

he laughed and showed her the way he served. he was flawless. he moved so gracefully as if he was doing volleyball since he was in diapers. he was a miracle. he had to be the one to finally teach her to serve. 

" wow."

" i know, pretty amazing right!" he smiled brightly and ran to go retrieve the ball.
he was sure good but he definitely had an ego that did not need feeding

on (y/n)'s tenth try, she finally got it. the boy, whose name was tooru she found out, cheered like (y/n)'s own personal cheerleader. he even took some flowers off the ground and bunched them up to make pompoms. She ran up and hugged him. he was amazing, she couldn't even believe the fact that he was in her year.

" thank you so much, tooru!" 

he laughed and patted her shoulder. the camp counselor walked over, " you two should be packing and not playing" the two new friends nodded. 

"BYEEE!" they waved in unison and laughed together, " see you tomorrow!" 

tomorrow was the day (y/n) mom decided to pick her up early because (y/n) cut her head when she sat up too fast and hit her head on the underside of the bunk bed she shared with her best friend. (y/n) was in tears; partially because it hurt to be told you had to get stitches, but also because she would never get to give a proper goodbye to her new friend.

when tooru came to the busses the next day to say goodbye to (y/n) she wasn't there. he asked about her, but no one knew. he wondered what happened to her the whole ride home.

ᴴᵉʸ ᵇᵉˢᵗᶦᵉˢ. ᴼᵏ ᴵ ᶠᶦⁿᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃᵈ ᵐᵒᵗᶦᵛᵃᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᵗᵒ ʷʳᶦᵗᵉ. ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳˀ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐᶦˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ˢᵒ ᶦᵈᵏ. ᴷ ᴵ ᴬᶜᵀᵁᴬᴸᴸʸ ᴴᴬⱽᴱ ᵀᴴᴵˢ ᶠᴬᴺ ᶠᴵᶜ ᴾᴸᴬᴺᴺᴱᴰ ˢᴼ ᴵ ᵂᴵᴸᴸ ᵀᴿʸ ᴬᴺᴰ ᵁᴾᴰᴬᵀᴱ.