Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ sᴜᴄᴋs

(present time)

" no... shhhhh be quiet", (y/n) started reaching out for her phone to turn off the sound of the blaring alarm, " sheesh. spare me. let me have five more minutes." apparently the alarm was giving her the silent treatment because it didn't stop.

" fine, fine. i'll get up." (y/n) rolled off the bed and onto the ground where the pillows that were tossed around last night cushioned her fall. she went through the same morning routine as yesterday- she grabbed her skirt to switch things up, though.

(y/n) grabbed her bento and slipped on her shoes doing the bunny ears trick while tying her laces. when she stepped outside it was still a little bit dark, but for the most part, the sun was shining.

when (y/n) got to school she immediately wished she took those extra five minutes of rest. she thought she got to school early yesterday, but at least then people were there. from where she stood the only people (y/n) could make out were teachers.

can you get to school early? like rn. pls : (Y/ɴ)

Aᴋᴇᴍɪ <3: why?

ong u there already?

... (Y/n)?

yup get here asap pls : (Y/ɴ)

yup get here asap pls  : (Y/ɴ)

Aᴋᴇᴍɪ <3: ok bestie. i get it. omw ig. what would you do without me

I would shrivel up and die alone: (Y/ɴ)

but we all know I am the cool one so I think I can survive on my swag

Aᴋᴇᴍɪ <3:

ok i have like a 20-minute walk ttyl

(y/n) walked inside since it was humid out and boy was she shook when she saw the one and only oikawa. did she know he got to school early? yes. did (y/n) know it was seven in the morning type early? no. who knows he has probably been here for a while.

something is different though, today oikawa is talking with seijoh's ace, hajime iwaizumi. they were sharing milk bread just like oikawa said they always did last night. (y/n) crossed her fingers as she walked in. maybe she could go unnoticed; perhaps she looked so different in her uniform oikawa won't recognize her as the unprepared shy girl from last night.

(y/n) walked in and didn't even bother to glance in the boys' direction. she sat down at the same desk from yesterday and pulled out her phone to start scrolling through her pinterest feed.

"(y/n)! girl, you in here? you texted me to come, but didn't even tell me where to meet you." akemi came into the room and broke the peaceful atmosphere.

oikawa looked away from iwaizumi as his eyes landed on (y/n). he stared like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

" oh sorry for interrupting. i was just looking for (y/n)," akemi says apologetically and sends them a small wink.

oikawa was still silent, so iwaizumi responds for them, " no worries."

(y/n) looks away from oikawa. her hands are a little sweaty from nerves, " why did you have to be so loud?"

instead of answering (y/n), akemi starts with her own waterfall of questions, " why was oikawa staring at you! what is that about? do you like him?"

" i don't like him. he doesn't like me. we barely know each other." (y/n) responded with a flushed face.

" so you two have talked even if you guys "barely know each other"?"

" well yeah. yesterday. also, quiet down."

" tell me the story!"

(y/n) checked the time, still another hour before classes begin, " okay. we met at the park yesterday and he walked me home since it was late at night."

akemi let out a small squeal and (y/n) could swear she felt the eyes of the two boys on them.

" i'm going to go to the vending machine for something to drink." (y/n) pulls out her chair and starts walking away before akemi can follow.

________________________________________________________________________________

(y/n) was in his class and he just found this out? was he really that oblivious to his classmates as iwaizumi said? he saw the girl- (y/n)- walk out of the classroom. he wanted to talk to her. she was the girl from last night. he was sure of it. "i'll be right back, iwa."

ʰᵉʸ. ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ᵃ ˡᶦᵗᵗˡᵉ ʳᵘˢʰᵉᵈˀ ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸˢ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵉⁿʲᵒʸᵉᵈ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ :⁾ ⁻ʷᵒʷᶻᵃ ᵗʷᵒ ᵘᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉˢ ᶦⁿ ˡᵉˢˢ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ²⁴ ʰʳˢ