Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: sᴜsᴘɪᴄɪᴏɴs ᴄᴏᴍғɪʀᴍᴇᴅ

" i have to go to the bathroom, i'll be right back!" oikawa jumps out of his seat and walks out of the theater.

as the ads were coming to an end, oikawa still wasn't back, " i'll go check on him." iwaizumi offered.

iwaizumi headed towards the stalls, oikawa was standing in front of a mirror fixing his hair, " this is what's taking so long?"

oikawa made a small yelp in surprise, but calmed after seeing his friend, " it's a little awkward back there. akemi is hitting on me, i don't like her, but she is (y/n)'s best friend. i really don't want to be mean iwa-chan, maybe it's better if i skip out on this friendly outing and you just tell them i threw up.

" woah calm down, we can change seats and buy some popcorn to cover on why you took so long, you don't have to leave." iwaizumi patted his shoulder, " i think (y/n) is suspicious, though."

" hm, of what?"

" of akemi. liking you."

" oh." oikawa paused, " you're right, i'm over-exaggerating, everyone likes moi."

iwaizumi rolled his eyes, and they walked out of the bathroom. by the time they bought popcorn and got back in the theater, the movie had already started. (y/n) caught them up on the movie, and pointed at the screen telling them what was happening.

after the movie ended, (y/n) took it as her opportunity to ask oikawa why he was gone so long. he didn't respond.

" yeah are you okay?" akemi chimed in.

oikawa just nodded, " of course, nothing for you guys to worry about."

they walked home together and shared umbrellas when it started to rain. (y/n) ran out under the street lamp and started dancing while everyone laughed and joined in. when (y/n) got home she was soaked, but still decided to plop down on her bed.

a text from oikawa explaining the movie-theater situation answered her question. (y/n)'s suspicions were confirmed, akemi liked him.

ᵃⁿ: ˢᵒʳʳʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰᵒʳᵗ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳˢ, ᶦ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᶠᶦⁿᶦˢʰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ˢᵗᵒʳʸ, ᵉᵈᶦᵗ ᶦᵗ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵃ ⁿᵉʷ ᵒⁿᵉ. ˡᵒˡ