Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ

school ends and the only time (y/n) talked to her "friends" was when she had to turn in the project, even then she only really talked with iwaizumi. meanwhile, after school, she would go to practice and then hang out with the karasuno volleyball team. 

" hun," (y/n)'s mom stands behind her drying a dish.

" what's up?" (y/n) asks. 

" i was wondering if you wanted to sign up as a counselor for your old summer camp. i think it can be a great opportunity!"

" man, i haven't been to that place in forever! i'll do it."

that night (y/n) filled in the submission forms on her laptop and went to bed. 

________________________________________________________________________________

" camp starts the day after school ends so you should start packing today (y/n)"

" can i have 5 more minutes of sleep?"

her mom sighed, " as long as you get to school on time."

school was miserable as always, and she had to cancel plans to hang out with her real friends since she needed to pack. camp was only a week so she needed 7 shirts/pants and at least 1 bathing suit.

(y/n) finished packing and went on her phone to scroll through her pinterest boards.

the last day of school was slightly better than usual because they got cupcakes, but it was ruined when oikawa asked her to sign his yearbook. (y/n) refused and placed the pen he and put in her hand back in his.

why did oikawa still make an effort to talk to her? he knew what he did, kissing akemi. (y/n) was pretty sure they were dating and there is no way she would become friends with oikawa while he was dating her tormentor ex-best friend. 

she followed through on her boring daily cycle and fell asleep. the next morning she would go to camp, (y/n) reminded herself.

on the drive to the camp (y/n) and her mom sang to the radio songs and (y/n) practically screamed when (f/s) came on the radio.

" i know things have been rough for you (y/n), but i want you to have fun at this summer camp, okay."

" of course mom, i hope to have fun as well."

(y/n) jumps out of the car with her duffle bag and starts walking towards the front office.

" (y/n)!? is that you, i haven't seen you since we were like 8!" a short girl with shoulder-length brown hair walks up to (y/n) and smiles.

it takes a moment for (y/n) to recognize the girl, " leyla! i didn't expect to see you here!"

the two girls exchange phone numbers and talk excitedly, but stop when the door opens. a tall male- about 6 ft- walks in the front office. he has fluffy brown hair and brown eyes that seemed to shine. tooru oikawa.

" oikawa, you are a stalker! why are you here?"

" woah (y/n)? i didn't know you were a counselor here." oikawa rubs the back of his neck nervously.

" oikawa as in tooru oikawa?" leyla aksed.

" leyla? wait do you remember me from tag when we were younger?" oikawa lightens up.

" of course i had to run like hell to catch you!"

(y/n) huffed, " how do y'all know each other?"

" are you jealous?" oikawa grins cockily.

" oikawa went to this summer camp too when he was younger."

(y/n)'s eyes grew wide in shock. 

" hi councilors! thanks for joining us this week, i'll hand out the schedules. i see y'all are getting along nicely." the camp director passes around our papers.

(y/n) is red. how could she be so dumb, of course, oikawa wasn't a stalker. he had no interest in her, he just wanted to revisit his old summer camp.

________________________________________________________________________________

(y/n) found her group of kids and they started walking to their first activity, dodgeball with oikawa's group. the balls were wooshing past and (y/n) seemed invincible until oikawa joined the game. it was back and forth until (y/n) got him out, with all the kids watching with full attention.

"haha, i win."

" (y/n) can i talk to you?"

the kids look at her, " uh sure?"

oikawa tells the kids to continue playing and approaches (y/n), " why did you stop talking to me?"

" you kissed akemi. she's awful, i can't even believe i was friends with her, and then you're over there eating her face!" (y/n) exclaims.

" she kissed me, i don't like her (y/n). actually, i liked you."

" no, you didn't. you could never like me, you had tons of better girls that were throwing themselves onto you."

" no, but i am being serious."

(y/n) looks in his eyes, his playful energy is all seriousness.

"(y/n)?"

" i- i'm sorry. i ruined everything-" (y/n) stands up and runs to the bathrooms.

it was all a misunderstanding. she looked in the mirror. how could he like a girl like her, even after every mistake she made; after pushing him away?