Chapter 19

The next morning, Lily got up early. She got dressed in her most provocative, yet school appropriate outfit. A pretty white blouse with many buttons undone, a lacy black bra, her gryffindor tie hanging loosely around her neck, a short grey skirt, a pair of black tights, tall black pumps, and some make up. She slid down her banister, as she was starting to become accustomed to. She wobbled in her heels because she had only worn these shoes once. She walked into James's room. She moved to his bed and Lily laid down on his bed next to him.

"Good morning," she whispered in his ear.

James rolled over to face her and he groaned. "Hi," James said in his groggy morning voice. Lily that his morning voice was so attractive, she felt her heart stop for a second.

"Happy Birthday," she whispered.

"Thanks," he whispered back. She leaned in and kissed him. He moved Lily so that she was on top of him. James and Lily snogged for a long time. They only stopped when Lily checked James' alarm clock.

"James we are going to be late," Lily insisted. Technically they weren't going to be late for another half hour, but Lily could see where this day was going. Lily pushed herself up right and she ran her fingers through her hair.

James groaned, "Come back." He tried to pull her back, but Lily resisted.

"James come on," Lily insisted. She pulled him into an upright position. "Let's go. Get dressed." Lily slid off of the bed. She walked out the door, and closed it behind her. Lily only had to wait a couple of minutes. James came out of his room and he pulled Lily from her spot on the couch, Lily had combed her hair.

"I thought you said we were going to be late," he told her. He must have checked the clock because they still had another half hour before classes started.

"I think that I have a feeling about how this day is going to go," Lily admitted. "I also promised Sirius that I would get you downstairs in time to eat breakfast with him."

He leaned down a bit and kissed her softly. "We better go then." They walked to the portrait hole, but James stopped her from going out. "Button up," he told her.

"What?" Lily asked.

James nodded at her shirt.

Lily looked down, all of the buttons had come undone. Lily gave James. She buttoned all the way to the top three, but James grabbed her hand and dragged her through the portrait hole before she could do another.

When they got down to the Great Hall, Remus was arguing with Marlene about something. Lily slid next to Remus and James next to Marlene across from them.

Marlene snapped her head up and looked at them. "Happy birthday," Marlene said in more of a sing-song voice, to James.

"Thanks," James said.

"Happy birthday," Remus echoed.

"Thank you," James told him. "What are you two arguing about?"

Remus and Marlene shared a glance, "Nothing."

"Marlene," Lily said. "What is it?"

Lily watched the guilt on her best friend's face. "Nothing," she said in a very high pitched way. Lily raised her eyebrows at her friend. Marlene sighed and nodded her head towards the end of the row. Lily and Marlene slid down the bench all the way to the end, which was only a few meters.

"I think that we are far enough away," Lily said.

"Okay," Marlene said in a whisper. "Sirius has a betting pool about whether you and James were going to... you know, tonight."

"Why were you arguing?" Lily asked in a matching whisper.

"Remus doesn't think that this was a good idea and I think that he doesn't have to be a part of it."

"I agree with Remus," Lily said. "I don't think that this is any of your business."

Marlene shrugged. "I'm not part of it," she admitted. "I just think that it doesn't really matter."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Do you have to bet on every part of my love life?" Lily asked annoyed.

"No," Marlene said honestly. "But we probably will." The two girls slid back towards Remus and James who had been joined by Alice and Sirius.

"Thank you Remus," Lily said. She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"What do I have to do to get some of that?" Sirius asked. He was sitting directly across from Lily.

She gave him a sweet smile, and then a swift kick. "Ow!" Sirius said in pain.

"Not have started a betting pool on my love life," Lily said under her breath. Remus scoffed in agreement, but he was the only one who had heard her.

James creased his eyebrows at her. Later she mouthed.

He nodded.

"We have to go to Transfiguration," Alice said. She looked at Lily's watch.

"Yeah," James agreed.

All of them went to Transfiguration and then to single Potions. It was time for dinner, but Lily and her friends didn't go downstairs.

They all sat around the room of requirement, a room that the marauders had found supposedly recently. Sirius had "found" more alcohol and had brought it inside. Coincidentally it was right next to Lily and James' dormitories. Lily sat on the couch and James had his legs over Lily's lap and everyone else was sitting in a circle of chairs and other couches.

"I want to go first," Sirius said. He handed James a small gift bag.

James pulled the tissue paper out of the gift bag. He took out two purple golf ball sized marbles.

"Wow!" James said in surprise and enjoyment.

"What is that?" Alice asked.

"It's probably best if Lily doesn't know," James said. Lily looked concernedly, "-And me, we are Head Girl and Boy."

Lily sighed and looked at Sirius disappointedly. "What a great idea," Lily commended.

He winked at her and Lily sighed. "Your turn Lily," Marlene said.

Lily pulled out a small perfectly wrapped box. "Here you go," Lily said. She leaned in and gave him a kiss. James deepened the kiss and Lily's heart rate fastened. He was leaning forward in what must have been an uncomfortable position.

"Break it up," Sirius called at them.

James broke away from Lily. "It's my birthday, I'll do what I want." He kissed Lily again, but this time it was more of a peck.

He unwrapped the present in the style of a young child on Christamas. He opened the box and inside was a small black piece of plastic that could fold him half.

"This is a cell phone," Lily explained. "It is a muggle device that allows you to speak to one another without magic. You dial a number and then you can speak to somebody from anywhere around the planet."

"Wow," James said. "That's really cool!" Lily sensed that she and Marlene would need to explain a cell phone to him further, but that seemed like enough explanation for the time being.

He moved to open the flip phone, but Lily stopped him. "Don't open it here. It will break because Professor Dumbledore cast a spell that stops it."

"Thank you," he said. He kissed her again.

She put her hand on his neck and pulled him back to her. "Do you want to get out of here?" she whispered.

"Yeah," James said quickly. He pulled his legs off of Lily and he stood up. "Lily and I are going back," James explained to their friends.

Alice checked her watch and opened her mouth. It was only around 8:00, but Marlene slapped a hand over it.

"Bye," Marlene said with a knowing smile.

I posted three times today, because I'm gong to be really busy tomorrow and I might not have time. I will post as soon as I can though. Thanks for all the love, reads, and support. xoxo -Anne