Chapter 52

"What happens when we get out of here?" Alice asked.

"I go into the medical program," Marlene said. "Hopefully."

"Auror," James said.

"Auror," Alice and Lily echoed. "As long as I get good enough marks," LIly amended realistically.

"If you don't get good enough marks, none of us will," Alice said.

Lily gave them a modest shrug. "Better not jinx it."

"Travel, I suppose," Sirius said.

"Not even going to try and get a job?" Lily asked him. "How are you going to pay for your traveling?"

"I'll just borrow from you and James, and eventually your kids when I run you dry," Sirius said.

"It almost sounds as though you've thought this out," James said.

"It's always been the plan to mooch off of you until we die," Sirius said in mock heartfeltness. James rolled his eyes and Sirius gave him a two finger salute.

"I'm not sure what I'll do," Remus admitted.

"You know," Lily started. "I heard that Professor Dungald is retiring soon." Their Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher was retiring and Lily thought that Remus would do really well as a teacher.

"Teach?" Remus asked.

Lily nodded in conformation.

"I've never thought about that before," Remus thought about it. "That sounds like an interesting idea."

Lily nodded in agreement.

"Maybe teaching," Remus said.

"I already have a job at the ice cream shop lined up for this summer," Peter said proudly. The group ooh'd politely.

"He's gonna be there for a very long time," James leaned over and whispered to Lily. Lily covered her face and giggled softly.

"We are all going off separately," Alice said a little deflated.

"You and I aren't separating," Lily said. "Hopefully."

"Oh shut up," Alice said. "If you don't get into the auror program nobody will."

"Don't jinx it," Lily reminded her.

"I'm staying with you too," James reminded them. "It's not like we will be that far apart," he reminded them all. "I literally cannot think of a single way to get rid of you guys."

"Aww," his friends chorused.

"We still have the next three months," James reminded them.

"Resounding speech captain," Marlene said, from her spot laying on the floor.

"You're welcome," James told her. "Oh we can have double the practice for the last three months!" Sirius and Marlene groaned loudly. "I have so many new ideas," he said thoughtfully. It was Lily's turn to groan. "Aw," he said. "Look how I make everyone happy," he motioned around sarcastically.

"You make me happy," Lily promised him. He leaned down and kissed her.

"You make me happy too," Sirius mimicked. Lily threw a throw pillow at Sirius, but it went over his head and hit Marlene who was sitting on the couch behind him.

"No wonder you didn't make it on the quidditch team," Marlene mumbled.

"Because I tried out," Lily said sarcastically.

Everyone went back to their common rooms later that night. Lily and James slept together, not "Slept together" but in the same bed. Lily sighed, she loved him.