Chapter 9

499 words

I go and check on Pip because I haven't seen him in a while.

"Hey, Pip! What are you doing?" I ask.

"Nice of you to show up." He says savagely.

"Woah, woah, woah. What'd I do?" I ask, raising my hands in defeat.

"You *ss, Bluie! You show up here after weeks, and you say 'hey?'"

"I'm sorry, Pip. I've been watching your father."

"Likely excuse. I'm about to graduate and you're just embarrassed that you weren't here to help me study!"

"No! I actually was watching over him! You know, making sure he doesn't f*ck up! We both know he gets stressed and makes bad decisions."

He takes this into consideration. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Doesn't mean I've forgiven you, though." He smiles a little bit. "Well, I need to go do my test."

"Good luck, Pip!" I say.

"Thanks!"

————

Pip has finally finished his test and we're walking around when suddenly I see Thomas walking over.

"How old are you?" He asks Pip.

"Nineteen. Why?"

"You're old enough. Here you go." He says, and hands him the newspaper. He mutters an apology to me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Pops- He- I can't believe him.

"What'd he do?"

Instead of telling me, he shows me the paper. That idiot. Why the f*ck would he tell everyone? Doesn't he know better? Oh, wait. The person who would tell me not to is in the ground. He would only listen to me. And I'm dead. So he did it. Why did I have to die? His life would've been so much better if I had survived. But it could've been so much worse. We could've been figured out. He could hate me. So many things could go wrong. There's a reason that this is happening and I just have to go with it.

"-ie! Bluie! Are you okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah. Sorry. I got lost in thought. Well, that explains why everyone was looking at the paper today. He must've just published that." I facepalm.

"Did you know?" He asks after a moment of silence. "Is that why you looked so f*cked up when I was about nine?"

"You still remember that?"

"Yeah, of course. I care about you, Bluie."

"Yeah, I knew. But you were only nine. I didn't want to f*ck your life up."

"It's okay. If I could, I would hug you."

"Thanks, Pip." I smile.

"I get how that would mess with someone's head, but I don't think that if I saw that, I would be as messed up as you were, and I love him more than anything in my life."

"Don't worry about it, Pip. It's nothing."

"You said that when I was nine, and you haven't gotten any better at lying."

I shy away from him, something living-John would never do.

"It's okay. If you don't want to tell me, it's okay. I just want you to know that I don't care what you guys were to each other, as long as you were happy."

"Thanks, Pip."

"No problem."

A/N

AH. MAH HEART. THIS IS TOO DAM CUTE FOR ME. *cough cough* AnYWaY. Thanks for reading dis. I love y'all!

-Asher