Chapter 14

366 words 

I go visit Burr. He's siriusly p*ssed. 

"How does Hamilton, an arrogant, immigrant, orphan, bastard, wh*reson, somehow endorse Thomas Jefferson, his enemy, a man he's despised since the beginning, just to keep me from winning? I want to be in the room where it happens, the room where it happens, the room where it happens. You've kept me from the room where it happens for the last time." He sits down to write. 

Dear Alexander,

I am slow to anger, but I toe the line as I reckon with the effects of your life on mine. I look back on where I failed and in every place I checked, the only common thread has been your disrespect. Now you call me "amoral" and a "dangerous disgrace." If you've got something to say, name a time and place, face-to-face. 

I have the honour to be your obedient servant, 

A. Burr

After Alex gets the letter, he writes his response. I didn't watch him write it, but I am able to watch Burr's response. 

Mr. Vice President, 

I am not the reason no one trusts you. No one knows what you believe. I will not equivocate on my opinion, I have always worn it on my sleeve. Even if you said what you think I said. You would need to cite a more specific grievance. Here's an itemised list of thirty years of disagreements.

"Sweet Jesus." Burr says.

I have not been shy. I am just a guy in the public eye trying to do the best for our republic. I don't want to fight, but I won't apologise for doing what's right. 

I have the honour to be your obedient servant,

A. Ham

Dear Mr. Hamilton (yes I know this isn't part of the musical.)

Be careful how you proceed, good man. Intemperate indeed, good man. Answer for the accusations I lay at your feet or prepare to bleed, good man. 

-A. Burr

Burr, 

Your grievance is legitimate. I stand by what I said, every but of it. You stand only for yourself, it's what you do. I can't apologise because it's true. 

A. Ham

Then stand, Alexander. Weehawken, dawn. Guns, drawn. 

You're on. 

I have the honour to be, your obedient servant. 

A. Ham

A. Burr

A/N

Hey, y'all! Sorry I didn't update last night. The track meet distracted me a lot more than I originally thought. The next chapter should be updated in about 2-5 hours. *awkward thumbs up* Cya later on today!

-Asher