Chapter 6: Right On Time

((A/N: Enjoy the picture from my Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce the Veil World Tour concert I went to on Sunday night. I was a lot closer then the picture depicted me to be.))
--------------------------------------

Frank did feel a little bad for running out on Gerard three mornings ago, but he had important stuff to do!

Although he especially regretted not getting Gerard's phone number, but Frank had a feeling they would see each other soon enough, as they were both somehow related with all of the same people.

For example, he was friends with Mikey, and Gerard was brothers with Mikey. And- well, that was it. But Frank was sure he would see Gerard again somehow.

Little did he know it would be in exactly 23 and a half minutes...

***

Gerard sighed. It was 12 o' clock and the only things he had done that day was get up to make more coffee and find the T.V remote.

Getting up from the couch, Gerard trudged to his kitchen and thought of what he should do that day. He was already dressed, so really he could do anything.

He opened the pantry and peered inside, finding... Nothing. Gerard sighed for the second time in one minute and decided he should probably go grocery shopping.

But he hated grocery shopping.

He didn't know of a single person who liked grocery shopping, except for maybe middle aged women who had 6 cats and ate away their feelings.

Thinking about it, however, Gerard ate away his feelings too, and he was thinking of getting a cat. Or maybe a dog. He wasn't totally sure yet, but he knew he was lonely and needed another living organism in his dark, empty apartment.

Shoving his house keys in his pocket and pulling out his car keys, he shuffled down the steps and outside into the cold air. Gerard tightened his jacket around himself as he opened his car and slid inside, slamming the door shut.

Gerard watched his breath as it floated out of his parted lips like ashy cigarette smoke and disappear into the musky air.

He inserted the keys into the ignition and his old BMW started up. It had a leak in the gas tank and the exhaust pipe was clogged. Gerard was told this was extremely dangerous and he should get it checked out and replaced because of fire hazards and what not, but Gerard didn't have the money, energy, or time. Well. He did have the time. But not the money or energy. ((A/N: if your gas tank is leaking or any fluid is leaking from your car, get it fixed straight away, as it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS))

He backed out of his parking spot on the street and started down the road to the grocery store. It was only about 12:05, so Gerard decided he had a lot of time before he had to get home to start cooking dinner.

Okay, Gerard liked to cook. So what? He just thought it was enjoyable and he liked creating his own recipes. He also liked to draw, because he could create art too. And he liked writing songs, because he liked making music. Gerard Way just really liked to create things.

His beat up car rumbled noisily down the road as he traveled to the grocery store. Fortunately for him, the grocery store was literally about 5 blocks away and it only took him about 5 minutes to get there.

By the time Gerard finally rushed into the store, it was 12:11. It had taken him two minutes to find a parking spot, two minutes to help an old lady put her shopping cart back, and another two minutes to make his way into the store. He snagged a large shopping cart and pushed it down the first isle.

Instead of making a list of what he definitely needed, Gerard just went down each isle and grabbed stuff he thought he would need. This method had worked for three years and he wasn't about to change it any time soon.

Gerard got into the check out line after finding all of his grocery needs and looked at his phone's clock. It was already 12:22 and he needed to be home by 12:30 to have enough time to be able to thoroughly cook this ham roast he had bought ((A/N: is that even a real thing)).

"Your total will be $120.49," the cashier said. "Will you be using cash, debit, or credit?" She asked Gerard.

"Credit." He replied, and handed her a card. She swiped it and he entered his pin before she handed it back to him.

"Have a nice day." The lady said in her nasally voice, and Gerard walked away with his cart.

It was 12:23 when Gerard walked out of the first pair of doors. There were two more to go.

He always liked to count how long it took him to get out of the store completely, as it was a game he and Mikey had always played when they were younger at the grocery store with their mother back in Bellville.

Gerard got to 29 seconds before he crashed into someone else's cart and fell onto the ground due to his lack of focus on anything around him except the numbers he was counting in his head.

When Gerard finally stood up from the crash, it was 12:24.

((A/N: have another extremely short chapter because I'm a cheesy noodle.
Did I ever tell you about the time when I was forced to walk to school when it was -20 degrees outside? Fahrenheit, by the way. I'm not sure exactly how cold that is but I'm pretty sure that's kinda cold.
Don't do drugs, kids. And as always,

Keep Running.

- xoxo, lilly