CHAPTER 1

"Bye Jinni! Have fun at school!"

and she drove off.

Turning around I was welcomed by a huge majestic gate. Guarded on both of it's sides as students wearing maroon uniforms swarming through the gate. Is this even school? my mind started to process the event but failed. So I walked slowly through the gate too, attempting to follow the others.

So far, this is probably the 10th school I've attended in my 17 years of living and my name's Jinni. Kim Jinni. I have a mother named Alicia, and no, she is not a foreigner, she just got her name legally changed to Alicia. Her initial surname is Lee, so that's makes her Alicia Lee. I also have a biological father named Kim Myungsoo and if you are wondering, both my parents had been divorced since I was little. I don't remember much about my father since I grow up with my mother and stepfathers.

And this is my mother's 5th marriage. Simply saying, my mother and I never had it easy in making a living. It's either just enough or not enough. Her marriages after my father were not that easy either as far as I can tell. So she worked so hard to find jobs just for the both of us, that's why I kept transferring schools. We basically moved a lot.

This one, I hope it's better. Except it may seems too better.

"Look at that. What is that?"

"Eww who is she?"

"Gross!"

Are they talking about me?

"Excuse me? May I know where's the administration office is?" I asked one of who seems to look like a teacher.

She showed me the way and I end up with this nerdy teacher who introduced himself as Mr. Hwang. Mr. Hwang gave me my timetable, a little briefing and proceed to tell me where my home class is. I went to where I was told.

5B-1

I went in as soon as I saw the class label. The class awkwardly became silent when I came in. I automatically bowed and moved to an empty seat at the back of the class. I chose the one in the middle not because I wanted to but because there were students by the desk near the window. Talking about being cliché, I actually like that spot. Other than it being close to the window so I can look outside but I can mind my own business too. As usual I am being stared at as if I came from a different planet.

The bell rang and every students hurriedly moved into their respective seats. At that exact moment my chair was being bumped on to. I turned to look at what it was and only to look up at a tall figure. He got this peculiar features that resembles a cartoon character of a frog but in a very fine looking way. He also got this droopy eyes and his hair is down covering his forehead. In short this boy is very good looking. He glared at me blankly but I know he is not happy.

"May I help you?" I blatantly asked.

"Move! This is my seat" he said coldly and kicked the chair.

I moved away and actually feel relieved that I get to get my favorite spot. The teacher finally came in as we both settling in our seats. It was Mr. Hwang.

"So class, we have new students here with us today!" he beamed after greeting the class and taking our attendance.

"Actually only one new student but welcome back Mr. Chae!" everyone turned to look at a direction.

It's him.

Everyone else cheered and welcomed him I can also see how the girls are already ogling at him. I scoffed unknowingly when I heard Mr. Hwang called my name.

"So Ms. Kim would you like to introduce yourself?"

I stood up.

"Hi, my name is Kim Jinni, nice to meet you," I said in my most monotonous way possible. Well actually I am not even trying, it is my usual way of talking.

And as usual, nobody cares.

Mr. Hwang on the other hand thanked me and proceed with his class.

a/n: a slow start, but please anticipate for the next chapter. thank you! keukeu