CHAPTER 15

MARK'S POV

Took her hand and bid her mother goodbye. That's the least I can do for for now. Seeing Mr. Chae, the one who punched her; in her house made me really shocked. Him sitting and eating breakfast in HER HOUSE making me feel further confused.

"Oh, Hyungwon is Jinni up?" He casually nod an taking his seat.

That instantly made my mind became a mess. Something in me started to react when I heard that. Because that means the guy just came back from her room. But why?

"Hey," she shook my body realising I spaced out.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her smile melts me away.

"Uh- yes, I'm good, just a little sleepy. I'm full!" I joked.

She laughed. We were supposed to walk but I had my driver's ready since we are running late. I contemplate a lot whether or not I should ask her about Hyungwon.

"Jinni," I can see her surprised when I called her by her name.

I mean she doesn't really mind, maybe because I decided to keep calling her Noona, her name sounds foreign to her right now.

"Yea," she answered anywway.

"Let's meet after school, I'll send you home," I suggested.

I didn't wait for her approval and got out of the car as soon as we arrived at school leaving her behind.

Mark. What is wrong with you?

"Ayy!! Mork!! What's up?" someone nudged my arm and proceed to wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"Hi, hyung," It's Jaehyun hyung, one of my senior that I am close with.

"Oh come on!" he pulled me on the side of the hallway.

"Mark, Haechan told me that you didn't want to be with them. Come on, what happened?"

I ended up telling our groups and that includes seniors that we are close with about what happened during recess. Instead of comforting, their smiles made me a little annoyed.

"Mark, from what I can see here," Johnny began to speak in a way more serious tone.

And I was a fool to listen to him seriously, "You are in love!!!!"

Earning cheers and howls from the boys.

"And you're just jealous," he continued gaining more cheers from the them.

"But..but" I tried to refute.

"There're probably something going on between them, that's for sure," Jaehyun cut me off.

"Cheer up!" he patted me on my back.

JINNI'S POV

"Mark!!" I called when I see him at the entrance.

I immediately scurried towards him.

He saw me but he was his unusual self. He doesn't look cheerful like he usually does. We decided to walk home today instead of being chauffeured. Silence accompany us along the way. Even though I felt it is about what had happened this morning but I tried to not jump into conclusion.

"So where are we heading?" I realised I was asking the obvious but it's too late to take it back.

"Home," he answered, short.

"Noona," he called me after a while.

I turned to look at him.

"Can I ask you something?"

I nod.

"Why is Mr. Chae at your house?" he looked at me with the soft eyes of his.

This is supposed to be a serious moment but I couldn't help feeling giddy and somewhat happy. On the other hand I remained silent. Actually I don't know where to start. I kept him hanging for a bit.

"He's my father and stepfather friend's son. He came to visit." were only what came out of my mouth. That was neither the truth or lie.

From his look I knew he is not convinced. We arrived at my housing area and just as we were about to get near my house I saw someone is standing in front of the entrance. It's Hyungwon. Mark slowed down his track when he saw him. His expression dimmed. Hyungwon was glaring at our direction when he sensed our presence.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked half exclaiming-half whispering.

"What? I can't wait for my wife?" he said it aloud and specifically emphasizing the word wife in front of Mark.

"Wife?" Mark was surprised.

"Yes, wife. I marry her yesterday,"

"So you're the one she said she's in love with?" Hyungwon asked blatantly.

"Hyungwon!" I smacked his arm. Isn't that supposed to be a secret?

I looked at Mark, his eyes were clearly widened. He's shocked but his expression had turned softer. He looked at Hyungwon trying to process what he just heard.

"Listen, she's mine," Hyungwon then dragged me into the house leaving the confused Mark behind.