Chapter 6

Third-person's pov:

Away from the human species, somewhere where she resided. Her castle stood tall, piercing the sky. Ravens circling it and snakes hissing on the ground. She lived in between her two spiritual animals. A princess of the kingdom where she did what she desired. 

Walking graciously, she observed the darkened sky. Thunder erupting from it brought peace to her raging heart. The painful smile she held, the dread of losing her mates. All alone, gracing the boundaries of the castle, her finger rings screeching the barricades. Unaffected by how her fingers had deep gashes because of the friction between the ring and the walls, she gazed at the sky. Deep in her thoughts, involuntarily caressing the serpent tattoo on her chest. She waited for him, not ready to believe her gut feelings. Her long, raven hair flew gracefully as the wild wind caressed it after touching her skin.

“My Lord!” A squeaky voice broke her from her train of thoughts. She whirled around in a swift movement and her hair kissed her cheeks, falling back smoothly. Her long black nails clicking the hard railing of the path impatiently as she raised her dark eyebrows towards the raven who came breathlessly flying towards her. Still struggling to move any further as the wild wind pushed it backward, it reported, “She massacred them all.” 

Tutting, she laughed. Her laughter got louder and heavier. To the unknown, it would be as if she was laughing, amused by what the raven reported. But for those who knew her, they had goosebumps on their body. The ravens above the castle flew frantically towards her. The snakes on the dock hissed and strolled towards her feet. They knew the real reason. 

She was furious.

She was angry at herself.

“It appears, your kin was weak. A small girl massacred them all, huh?” She tutted, mocking the raven who still flapped its wings vigorously, fighting a different battle with the wild wind. She was upset as the creatures were her ravens, her spiritual birds, who had the power to turn into a venomous creature.

She sure was sad but they let her down. Shoving the pain, deep inside her heart, she looked up at the raven and smiled, not a kind one but the one that would give goosebumps.
“How come you did not turn into ashes with them?” She questioned the messenger. The cobra slowly twirling around her body. It knew their master was restless.

“I... I ran into him. I thought he would be an important matter for you compared to the girl.” As if his words were the last straw holding her from snapping. The thunder grew louder and ruder as the cloud turned blacker than it ever could. The storm was so strong that it would kill anyone if they stood outside, but, she remained elegantly in the middle of the thunderous sky and deep hollow land. 

“Didn’t I warn you decades ago that fate is going to bring them back?” A male voice invaded her troubled thoughts. Gripping her hands into a fist, she showed him the most venomous smile she could ever muster.

“Father, didn’t I tell you, you needed rest? It’s going to rain outside.” She replied as tenderly as she could. Her snakes and ravens watched their master as she controlled her anger. 

“Utkarsha, my child.” He asserted, his crown dishelving his hair. His shrug floating along with the wind. Grey hair and hooded eyes with dark circles showing his miserable condition.

“Father, I’ve been taking care of your kingdom for ages. I know what to do.” She took tentative steps towards him. Storm brewing in her eyes, but she tried controlling it by fisting her hand as tightly as she could. 

“Fate is inevitable, my girl. Don’t fool yourself.” He pleaded with his girl. He saw it coming long before she knew about the girl. Her reign was at risk. He felt she was reaching her end, but didn’t have the energy or potential to protect her from the storm brewing inside herself. His illness slowly sucking his blood and his power. Once a powerful demon king, now a curse. A skeleton used as a stand to hold the crown. He gasped, his soul gradually giving up on attempting to aware his girl of the power of nature. 

“I have to bring her out of her shell.” She said gazing at the stormy sky, flipping the ring on her ring finger. A ring, the prop of her goal. Her lips gently curved into an evil smirk that soon turned into thunderous laughter. The laugh that could give chills to anyone.

***†*****†*****†*****

Naina’s pov:

Gasping for air, I opened my eyes. The sudden piercing of light drew tears out of it. Through my chapped lips and sticky tongue, I whispered, “water”. Blinking once, then twice, I sighed as cold water wet my mouth and then tug my tongue.

“Naina, ” 

Gently prying open my eyes, I wiped the tears that made their way towards my chin and glanced at two worried faces. Scrunching my eyebrows, I recalled the events before I blacked out. The fight, monsters, green eyes, wings. Ugh, I shook my head and grinned at the only family I had. 

“I’m fine.” I assured them. My voice still crooked but manageable.

“I went ape-shit crazy when I saw you lying on the couch!” Ammie hugged me and I laughed when I felt her frantic heartbeat against my body.

“Your healing process has yet to be perfected to kill that poison.” I looked at my aunt, who had a serious expression on her face. 

“Poison?” Ammie and I both turned towards her. My weakness long vanished.

“One of them dug their nails into her stomach, transferring the venom from their body to hers. Venom runs through their veins.” She answered. Her eyes, not meeting mine. It held some emotions that I couldn’t find out yet. But I have to. 

“Now, you are out of danger.” She added smiling at me. Her smile didn’t meet her eyes. I pried further, but before I could see through it, she turned her head away from me, dodging my view. 

“Mom, I gotta go to the club. Have to meet some friends.” Suddenly breaking my train of thoughts, Ammie said, leaving me in a daze as I knew she had no friends who she’d party with.

“Since when do you do clubbing?” Aunty had the same doubt as me. Her curly hair strand bouncing above her eyebrow as she moved her head as she asked Ammie. 

“Uh, I- I met a few girls in the bar. They are pretty nice and today is the birthday of one of them. I really need to run.” She spoke as if pleading with her to let her go. I glanced at my aunt and she was deep in thought but soon nodded and I smiled. 

“Naina will escort you. She might need some change.” She replied pointing at me and Ammie squealed excitedly. I just looked at them both as they didn’t bother asking. I knew why my aunt wanted me to go. I had to be her watchdog. Great! I muttered, but they both started bickering, completely avoiding me.

**†***†***†**

Did you enjoy the chapter? If you'd ask me, this chapter is one of my favorites so far. Let me know how you feel about Utkarsha.

❤Lots of Love❤
❤Vote, Comment, and Share❤

❤Lots of Love❤❤Vote, Comment, and Share❤