Chapter 11

Naina's POV:

The whole night I didn't step out of my room and I was glad that no one disturbed me. Covering myself into a duvet, I focused on the task at hand. Find the solution of how to connect to my spirit animal. It irritated me why my spirit animal was so stubborn to reject me every single time I tried after returning from the study.

After I walked out of my bath, I saw a book on the floor near the door. It was too dusty for my liking, but I still picked it up. "Spirit Animal" was the book's title. Curiously, I sat up on my bed and started running through the pages I found useful from the contents.

The book had all the information about every spiritual animal ever seen. My spirit animal was one of them. My interest peaked as I saw a photo of a dragon on the first page of the chapter. I ran my fingers through it. My curiousness about them had me go crazy. I couldn't thank my aunt enough to understand and help me so much.

One line after the other, every single line had me awed about my spirit animal.

Dragon symbolism and meaning also encompass the primordial natural forces on all planes of existence, longevity, and the earliest of magics, some of which have been lost to time. The never-ending battles between knights and Dragons reflect the inner struggle of humankind to come to terms with the Spiritual or Ethereal nature.

Dragon Spirit is drawn to people of intellect, dignity, contagious enthusiasm, and authority. Dragons guide such individuals toward brilliance and enlightenment. In this setting your Dragon Spirit Animal teaches you to roar–finding your voice, being heard and truly understood.

Those working with Dragon totems learn as much about these Beings as possible. The more you know, the more you honor your totem and its ruling element and the better you'll understand its communications.

Invoking Dragon as your Power Animal means even greater responsibility for you Karmically. Dragon will protect you when you work for the greatest good, but woe to those who begin reaching for power greedily. This is a great way to lose your Power Animal and get burned by the Dragon's fury at the same time.

"You are as stubborn as me, huh? Maybe more." I massaged my temple as the things that I came to know about my spirit animal drew an unexpected energy building in my veins. I knew what I had to do if I ever wanted to forgive myself. I had to protect humankind. I had to practice as much as I could.

"Are you thinking of doing an all-nighter?" I heard Ammie's voice entering my room. "Don't let anyone know about your spirit animal." Aunt's voice echoed inside my mind and I turned the pages as soon as possible before Ammie could have a look at it.

"I guess? Maybe I want to know why I couldn't connect with my spirit animal yet." I answered.

"Did you get to meet it at least for once tho?" Ammie inquired, making me nervous as I didn't want to lie to her but I had to.

"Nope. Not even once." I was sad, yes, and that might have shown on my face to convince detective Ammie. "Why don't you tell me how you got connected to Sasha, and how do you still connect with her?" I asked the only person I could genuinely talk to, as I had no one else.

"She is a wolf." She said, and I could see the happiness in her eyes as her eyes twinkled. Unknowingly, I looked at her brown eyes more than I wanted to. "Blood" images of blood flashed in the back of my mind and I felt goosebumps.

"Naina, are you even listening?" Her voice interrupted my jumbled mind. "Uh, yes, I am listening." I said but a lie.

"The first day when I got connected to her, she hawled. I could feel her presence always. She's fast, furious, strong minded compared to me. People say that your spiritual animal is who you are but I'm nothing compared to how strong she is." A bright smile constantly remained on her lips, making me smile as well. I only wished I had that kind of bond with my spirit animal, but yeah, I would not give up this soon.

"Where did you zone out to?" She inquired, tapping my shoulder. "Thinking of how to connect to mine." I shrugged it off. Even if it hurt knowing that I was not enough for my spirit animal and it didn't feel connected to me, I knew sitting in my room wouldn't bring her back to me.

"Let's sleep. I'm" Ammie froze mid-sentence. I studied her movement and the things that I saw in her eyes made me nauseated. "Is everything alright, Ammie?" I asked when she sat frozen, holding her phone near her ear. When I knew she wouldn't answer, I snatched the phone from her and said, "Hello?"

My heartbeat thudded behind my ribcage. Ammie didn't move, nor look at me. "There has been an accident, and I found this number in the emergency list of the patient." A male voice boomed into my ears, directly to my heart. I felt goosebumps all over my body, an unknown feeling too foreign to me.

"Akul?" Word left my lips before I could hold my tongue. "Yes, I'm texting you the address." He said and hung up on me. Furrowing my brows, I stared at Ammie and then her phone. Ammie did not move, nor her phone flashed any message.

"Ammie, we gotta go." I said to her as we needed to change our pjs and the greater task at hand was my aunt. If something serious happened to David and aunt knew about them? No-no-no. I can't let that happen. I knew blood was going to spill, but didn't even imagine it would be this fast.

***************************************************

❤Lots of Love❤

❤Vote, Comment and Share❤