Chapter 13

Naina's POV:

"I can't let this happen again to him. We have to tell my mom. I can't hide it anymore." She said all in a hurry, as I took a few minutes to process what was her next move.

"Okay," I said breathlessly, as his stare was so intense that even if I wasn't facing him, I could feel the intensity. He knew something that I was in search of. But...but his mere presence felt like electricity shot in all my nerves.

"But darling, didn't you say that love was prohibited to you-"

"Nothing. Let's just discuss it later, okay." Ammie stopped David from speaking any further and I furrowed my eyebrows as the secrets grew on me and I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to know so many things, yet they preferred to hide it from me as if I was still a kid who was needed to tame. I felt my blood boiling and in the back of my mind, I noticed blue lights forming and sweat forming on my forehead.

"Let's just get out of here, okay?" That was all I could say breathlessly as on the one side Akul's stare was boring a hole in the back of my neck and feeling that something I should know is almost so close for me but still I couldn't reach it was eating me up. A feeling too foreign. I never felt this kind of energy building in my body that I was scared of. I was scared, so scared of what was inside of me.

Sighing, I walked past Akul and was thankful that he didn't touch or call my name. But, I had a weird feeling lingering in my veins clutching my heart, and it confused me why he did not call my name now that I was leaving. This crazy, confused, and torturous feeling was too much for me to bear. Clutching my hands into a tight fist, I jumped towards the tree that took me directly towards the bottom.

Not looking back, I entered my car and ignited it. Selfishly I did not go to help them, rather waited for them inside the car, as I did not want Akul to roam near me.

"Here, drink this." I said and threw a water bottle that I saved for the two of them knowing that David did not have the ability or agility as we do and drove past the horrific place that creeped me out. How can someone even live in such a dark and dangerous place? I thought in my mind, shutting my ears as my ears started bleeding when the lovebirds in the backseat started their love talks.

***†***†****†***†****

"How can someone be so rude?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air in frustration as I marched from one corner of the hall to another, covering the distance in a short time. "I guess you and I are on the same side." David, Ammie's boyfriend, whispered in a casual tone as he made his seat on the chair.

I sighed as I realized I was not alone, but another thing was also correct: that my frustration was way more reasonable than his. My life had so many mysteries that I was so desperate to uncover and that included my parent's death. But, I just let my life be controlled by whoever she was. For the starter, I knew one thing that my aunt was sure hiding something that had to be more than I even thought of and I had to find out what was that.

"It's been a while." I heard David's restless voice. Slowly making my way towards him, I tried showing a slight smile as he suffered a log more than he deserves for the sake of love and I could only comfort him by staying by his side even if I knew very little about him.

"I know we talked little but I'm glad that you are in your sister's life." He said, surprising me.

"I could say the same to you." I smiled, this time a genuine one.

"No, no, she could have survived without me, as she has always been. You know, I'm not of much help either. You guys being supernaturals and all." He shrugged uncomfortably.

"You don't have to be uncomfortable. We are human and that's all that should matter." I assured him. I did not know whether I was assuring him or myself. Five years back I didn't even realise I could ever be a part of such a powerful world. But facing it now, I think I was better off in this world.

"David, we did not choose to be who we are. If my sister risked her life to bring you here, then you know you are the most important person to her, and she loves you a lot." I said, my eyes involuntarily peeking my aunt's room where she dragged Ammie as soon as we entered the house.

"I might be her third priority and you gotta accept that." He said and pointed at me.

"Yeah, I am her priority and aunt must be the second. Sorry David, you got a serious competition here." I lifted my arms and clutched my wrist in a fighting stance that made him laugh even harder.

"What the hell are you guys laughing about?" I heard an angry aunt's voice booming around the hall. I felt goosebumps around my body making me shiver, and I couldn't even imagine what David felt at that moment. I knew she had a fire within her. Her power, unique, breathtaking, and strong of us all.

"Jeez mom, you are activating your spirit animal. Calm down." Ammie rushed from the room, trailing aunt. David and I looked at each other, and we both were panicking. Watching Aunt in her full angry mode was not a sight worth enjoying. You could feel like blood drying from your system and body getting numb. Her body produced too much heat for our liking covering the entire house.

"Aunt, please, you need to calm down." I tried walking towards her, but she pushed me away and walked towards the exit. Worried whether she would go out somewhere, Ammie and I rushed behind her, but our steps halted when we watched her close the doors and windows with extra locks.

Desperate to know more about it, I ran towards her as David was feeling more and more uncomfortable with the increasing heat in the room. "Aunt, look at me." I urged her after catching her off-guard. Her body was on fire, and so were her eyes. Her rims were blood red and iris dilated. She was in trouble, that I could point out but....

"Oh my God." Words left my mouth before I could muster any courage. The foresight aka curse that I was blessed with made me realize I was so helpless, so useless.

***************************************************

❤Lots of Love❤

❤Vote, Comment and Share❤