Chapter 24

Naina's POV:

Coughing out some more blood, I started at him. The sky darker then ever. The castle lights illuminated our surroundings when he rushed to me. Utkarsha did not make any move, but stood there as if shed seen a ghost. Perhaps she did not expect him to find us.

"Look who just arrived. The loverboy." Utkarsha laughed at him.

"You will die a very painful death. I will make sure of it." He said angrily. But as he tried touching me, he bounced back so hard that he landed far away from us.

"You think you will win this?" Another man came running towards Akul. He moved his hands and slowly the barrier that Utkarsha made, shattered.

''Boris, long time no see." She said. Her hand still gripping my abdomen as she slowly pushed her nails inside making me wince.

"Naina, you've got to connect to your spirit animal," Boris said as the wind blew at a faster pace. Utkarsha mumbled some incoherent speech. I looked at Boris and Akul. My family still inside the dungeon but they could see me.

"You cannot win this time." I gritted my teeth and with all my might, pushed her away from me. I heard wings flapping. The wind blew rigorously and looking up in the dark sky, I saw it.

"Dragon," I whispered. It came for me.

My happiness lasted mere seconds as I was suddenly hit with the force of a train. My dragon reached me and pushed me on its shoulder.

"I missed you." I cried. The pain in my abdomen, long forgotten. It was just the happiness that brought a smile to my face. It grunted in response when I patted on its back.

"You said my connection with this one died. But have a look." I said to Utkarsha who flew towards me at lightning speed. I kicked her hard as she approached me and my dragon held her hand.

"You cannot kill me." She said fighting my boy. It tightened its hold. Suddenly a big group of ravens came towards us. It was so sudden that made my dragon stagger back.

"Poor dragon is going to watch its master die again," Utkarsha said and lifted her fingers to click. We battled for a very long time in the sky. My dragon roasted as many ravens as he could and I dodged every attack Utkarsha made at me.

But, I needed to end this soon. The sun was about to rise any moment and Akul would turn into his beast form. I looked down and saw a massacre. Akul and Boris fought with as many armies as they could. They were both fast but the armies outnumbered them.

"I have to kill her. I have to do it fast." I whispered but the mere distraction made me get hurt as one raven sliced my shoulder tearing my shirt off.  With the force, I fell on the ground inside the castle. Dusting my dress, I tried getting out of the castle but a small hand halted me.

"Saira." He whispered and my head whipped towards him.

"Father," I whispered as tears started forming in my eyes. He was so weak, his veins popped out of his skin. Dark circles formed under his eyes. Had looked way older than I ever saw him.

"Father.. She.. How?" I couldn't speak as my mouth dried. My emotions were out of control.

"First, listen to me." He said. His voice had the same authoritative tone that he had ages ago.

"She can be killed. You can only kill her." He said. I bowed down gesturing him to go on.

"Drive this sword directly where her snake tattoo is. Her neck. Below the windpipe. The most delicate place." He said and left me in the huge hall all alone with a sword.

"Be ready, sister. I'm coming." I said and ran as fast as I could. Folding two fingers, I placed them below my tongue and whistled hard. My dragon appeared in front of me in a heartbeat. The black armies seemed to never stop in numbers so I focused on killing the only reason behind the mess.

"Let's go budd," I said and took off towards Utkarsha who was now busy with Boris. They were both so focused that Utkarsha did not anticipate my move. Boris nevertheless saw me coming and increased his speed. One after the other, he kept on shooting his magical spells.

I held the dagger tightly and within a second, drove it through her neck. She turned towards me in shock and Boris used the time to chain her down.

Slowly, the ravens stopped appearing and so did the armies. Utkarsha had her eyes locked on me. She wanted me to look into her eyes. I couldn't. She knew she was going to die but was surprised that the immortality potion didn't work.

"Your end is here, sister," I said as I slowly stepped down. Akul came rushing in. Boris stood holding the chain that was tied around her. I put my leg on her chest and drew the sword out of her neck. She did not cry, it pained her. But she did not want to show us her weak side.

"I pushed the sword again exactly where Witchlord wanted me to." Her body turned into bluish color and slowly it turned into ashes. The wind blew faster taking her ashes away with it.

"Your cure," I said not wasting time as I drew blood from the wounded arm of my dragon. It whined but somehow knew why I was doing it.

Akul came forward and took the cure, gulping down the blood and then scrunching his nose for the bad taste. My dragon hissed at him for making such an ugly face and I smiled.

Leaving Akul and Boris behind, I climbed my dragon and flew to the dungeon. I had to save my people.

"Mom, dad?" I called their names. Darkness enveloped me and I dusted the ashes that settled on my dress.

"Naina! You did it!" I heard my mom. My dragon lit the dungeon with fire and I saw my family still in pain but that was going to end soon. I smiled at them.

My family.

My world.

But, my journey wasn't about to end here.

I gazed into my mom's eyes and gasped.

"Not again." Was all I could say. They looked at me worried about why I got tensed. But I shook my head. As long as I'm alive, I will protect them.

***†*****†****†*****†*****

Ooppss! Finally, I made it to the last date of ONC round 3 submissions. Honestly, I am not satisfied with the outcome as I had to rush things to complete the story.

Soooooo, please bear with me as this is the first draft. I did not have time to reread as well.

Hope to publish a sequel after my exams soon!

Until then, cya!

❤Lots of Love.❤

❤Vote comment and Share!❤

Yours truly,

~Anon Star 💗