Chapter 22

Naina's POV:

"Oh, sister, you still don't get it, do you?" I said in the same mocking tone she used just now.

"Beware!" She was astonished but masked it easily. Her snake tattoos shone brighter than before. The lights in the dungeon were dimly lit, only one wooden door was the exit. There was no light, no ventilation. As if they built it deep inside a castle. Her silk gown fit her perfectly, but her face had a mixed expression.

My mind was still confused, as if it was recalling something. "Sister, I never feared you before and I wouldn't now even if you have held me hostage,", I said, a smile plastered on my face. I knew I was igniting her anger, but the anger that was slowly building inside me would eat me alive if I wouldn't take it out.

"You remember? How?" She asked. As if she couldn't believe me.

"You thought I was dead long ago, didn't you? That day when you fed me poison, I believed you and you betrayed me." I surprised myself when I said all these things. It was as if two souls lived inside of me. The dominating one spoke of everything that I had flashes of, but understood nothing.

"Naina, let her out." My mom said from the other cell when she saw me struggling with the other part inside me. Unsure if that was a good idea, I focused on listening to her.

"What did you just say?" Utkarsha asked. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on the images that were still in the back of my mind. It was as if everything made sense now. It was as if I lived the story Ammie once said.

"Little sister, don't you remember the poisonous drink you brought that day? That sucked my blood? Shall I give you the details?" I asked, holding the iron bars.

"And what if I say that in your face that I did all that?" I heard a gasp when Utkarsha admitted she killed my soul, Saira.

"You snatched the love of my life, Saira! What did you expect? Every time it was you who got everything, and I kept waiting for my turn! But when you took my love from me, I ended you." She said breathlessly. I laughed so hard because she did not even know how stupid she was.

"Akul never asked you for your attention. It was you who misunderstood him. You bonded him with such powerful blood magic that he has been suffering all along!" Anger in me increased every breathing second. On the outside, Saira was fighting and on the inside, I was trying to understand the situation and when I understood what she was going through, the pain, the agony of everything, I let her use my body.

"He deserved it. The same way you deserve to die and before that, I will kill your family in front of you to give you more pain." Utkarsha said with an evil laugh. As if on cue, we heard shackles clicking on the floor, and through the entrance one after the other, my father, aunt, Ammie, Saira's mother everyone were pushed inside. They all looked so tired and beaten up that I couldn't control the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

Taking a deep breath, I concentrated on Utkarsha and laughed hard. I laughed so hard that I had to clutch my stomach because of the pain it gave while laughing. Banging on the Iron rods, Utkarsha came so close that I could have a proper look into her eyes. As planned, I looked deep inside her soul and smiled.

"Well well well, isn't it an awesome day?" I questioned no one in particular but everyone got surprised by the way I behaved.

"Bring Aron near me!" She roared, and they pushed my father mere inches away from me, but close to her. I wished I could just slice her throat and kill her once and for all, but that's not what the gods wanted.

"Do you remember the way I saved you from the villagers, brother?'' She asked him, but he spat on her face. I felt my mom gasping and shivering on the other side of the cell and I expected her next move.

"Why hurt people who are irrelevant to you? Akul still loves me and when he finds out that I'm alive, don't you think your chances are less?" I asked, trying to get inside of her mind.

"He'd never know where you are and he has few days to live, anyway." She said, which shocked me.

"Oh wait, you don't know that now. Do you?" She asked, astonished. I hid the pain that suddenly made its way through my heart.

"The curse, blood magic, remember? It can only be broken when he intakes your dragon's blood. And-" she stopped speaking. My heartbeat hammered on my chest as I knew I cannot call the dragon.

"And?" I asked, my mouth drying.

"And, even if our dearest brother was successful in saving your soul, he couldn't save your bond. That means, your dragon will never know you even exist. You are nothing without your dragon my dear sister." I staggered a few feet back when she said that.

For a few minutes, it was as if my life was a lie. Saira and I contemplated what to do, as I couldn't connect with my spiritual animal either. It was a dragon, but it was the same dragon or not; we did not know.

"Don't forget that you are inside this cage and I have your family hostage." She said, and threw my father to the other side of the dungeon. His body fell down limply, as if it did not have his soul anymore.

"Noooooo!" My blood pumped harder, enveloping me with a weird warmth that I never felt before. With another click of her finger, as if an invincible man was handling my father, he got lifted in the air and then got thrown away to the other side. "No. No. Bo. She will kill him." My mom whispered beside me.

"You have a death wish." I said, my voice held a different vibe altogether. In order to fight the power she held, I had to accept who I was. Until now I was fighting my internal instincts in order to understand.

**************************************************

❤Lots of Love❤

❤Vote, Comment and Share❤