Chapter 30; Fondness

Jungkook P.O.V

"Hey, stop clinging to me." I tried pushing away Taehyung but the effort was futile cause he hugged my body further while nuzzling his head in my lap.

Getting used to his sleeping habits wasn't that difficult though. I already knew a lot of new stuff; he likes clinging to people next to him while sleeping, he doesn't snore, and for some reason keeps....smiling in his sleep? Wait, was he even asleep?

"You're not even sleeping." I patted his back to earn a little chuckle from him. And I swear his voice sounded a lot more deeper in the morning.

He lazily moved the other way while I stared at his face that looked flawless even at this hour of the day. I was sitting next to him, scrolling through my boring instagram feed, getting distracted by him.

I still couldn't believe I did that. I answered his every question that I had pretended to never hear. I couldn't run away from it any longer. I had to just accept it and stop forcing myself to believe I was wrong. I wasn't, I knew it as well. But maybe I was too scared to accept the fact that I had been a victim of some absolutely insane stuff.

I even kissed him. How the fuck did I get so confident? And he didn't even creep out? Holy shit, I didn't know that one impulsive action of mine would cause so much. It was just yesterday when I was afraid to be around him, I got way more insecure than I already was. Why would I not? I literally sobbed on him, gosh this is so embarrassing.

And of course this ain't it. There was a lot of self-reflection as well. I realized for the nth time that I was a shitty person and that made me want to stay away from the perfect person who was currently sleeping next to me. I hated everything to the point that I had to get drunk to forget it all but guess what? I did something huge. 

He rolled off the bed and stretched his arms, standing up with his back facing me before laughing to himself.

"When I look into your eyes, I just wanna keep staring at them." He chuckled again, while mimicking me in the most dramatic way possible.

I threw a pillow at him while trying to hide myself from embarrassment. Someone shoot me.

He turned around and laughed harder.
"The mole on the tip of your nose makes me wanna boop your nose." He sang in a childish tone while looking straight at me.

Gosh why did I have to say all of that? This is so fucking embarrassing.

"When I look at your lips, I wanna kiss you." His laughter slowly faded as he stared at me with an affectionate smile.

"I didn't mean it." I looked away, trying not to show the disgust on my face. Fuck, I really said that?

"Of course you didn't." He snorted and walked towards the bathroom with a lazy smile plastered on his face.

Once he was out of sight, I dropped back my head on the headrest and closed my eyes while exhaling a heavy sigh I didn't know I was holding.

I basically confessed to him last night. Wasn't it too early? I was still figuring out my stuff and blurting out everything in front of him didn't help. But surprisingly, I didn't regret it. I told him everything about myself but he acted so normal that I even forgot it for a split second.

I wasn't sure if all of this was gonna end well cause hey, I still trust nobody.
But this was Taehyung. I don't know what exactly it is about him but his boxy smiles have always looked genuine. His playful eyes always had that shine I could never forget. The way he looks at himself with pride and treats others in the best way possible just makes it harder to not fall for him.