Chapter 15; Yeeted To Narnia

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept thinking about Taehyung. What he did, what he said, it was flashing in my mind with no stop. I got flustered just by thinking about our close proximity but then, I also thought about what he said. Did I have no problem living here away from my house?

No. Obviously not. I was missing hyung and my dad, a lot. Here, I had no one to talk to and no one who'd come and check on me every thirty minutes. I honestly don't know if this was good or not but I don't like people being worried for me so maybe whatever was happening was okay...?

Sometimes I think how would have things been if I never agreed to this. I would've been still stuck in that house, Taehyung would've been unconfined, our companies would've been in a better shape, people around us won't be questioning us on every damn thing and mind their own businesses, the media would have other things to cover which are actually more important that two guys marrying each other.

But if I didn't agree, it was done for both the companies. Taehyung and I wouldn't have been able to even breathe in the public. Employed yet idle media back at their work...

My thoughts had started taking over me and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep so I walked to the peaceful room right next to this one.

It was calm as usual. I looked around the colourful room with paintings of some wild creatures, depressing emotions and of course... Taehyung. I had painted him quite a few times by now. He had an interesting face and it wasn't easy to sketch him. This was probably the reason I draw him sometimes...It gives me a sort of incentive.

~~~

It was another normal night. I was sitting in my own big art room with easels, literally every shade or paint, unfinished and finished paintings around me everywhere.

I had started working again cause my dad won't stop bothering me. I worked on my designs during the day and when the sun went down, I was back at my actual work... Painting.

It was around one at night so I decided to sleep since waking up early was my goal for the next few days just for my dad to shut up and not call me every morning trying to act like my alarm clock.

I put my paint brushes aside and left the messy painting with overflowing colours as it was.
I looked at it one last time before I walked over to the casement window. The night breeze and the rustle of trees was comforting in a way and I stood there still, trying to star gaze with no particular thoughts in mind.

I moved my gaze from the sky to the ground and found a guy looking in my direction.

He had his hands in the pockets of his overcoat and was looking straight at me with a wide smile, as if waiting for me to give him attention. He had ginger hair and an almost unbelievably welcoming smile. He looked somewhat familiar.

"Hey!" He waved at me, with the same smile. Do I know him?
"Sorry, who?" I knew him. Definitely. I've seen him. But where?

"It's good to see that you've forgotten." He smiled wider this time, if that was even possible.
I stood silent, not knowing what would be the right thing to say.

"If you wanna know who I am, why I am here, what's all of this about, meet me at the Kim Enterprises building tomorrow at 8 AM." He looked kinda sad, as if he really wanted me to come. He was about to walk away but I stopped him.

"Wait! What's your name?" He turned back to look at me.
"I'll tell you tomorrow." He gave me a little salute with two of his fingers and jogged towards his Mercedes-Benz and drove off.

And I thought I'd be able to sleep tonight...

I wanted to wake up early, but not that early. I live somewhere in the outskirts of the city so it'll take around an hour to reach. If I sleep right now, I for sure am not gonna wake up till 7 since my alarm clock was hibernating. What am I supposed to do now? I just asked for sleep but that smiley guy had to interrupt everything. But I can't even miss it. I really wanna know who he was.
This is so goddamn frustrating.