Chapter 13; Breathe With Me

I stood there for a second and before I could even blink, Jungkook opened the door with ease.
Gosh...why do I have goosebumps..?

It was really dark and I couldn't see anything except a long passage which literally seemed to have no end. I flinched as I felt a little movement towards my right. I turned around and found Jungkook waving a hand in front of me.

"Do you have phasmophobia by any chance?" He asked in a weird tone that I couldn't quite catch.

"What? What is that?" Does this word even exist or is he just playing with me? I was definitely not in the mood.

"I mean, are you scared of ghosts?" He said, trying to explain.
"No." I said, without even thinking but after he asked that, I started questioning it.

"I mean...maybe? But I don't know. Ghosts are creepy and I still don't know why I'm here in the first place." I said rolling my eyes.

He walked further but I just stood there staring at a distance, not knowing where it was leading us to.
He turned around and walked back to me.

He tugged at my arm and dragged me inside.
"What are you doing-" I asked him, not expecting that move from him.

"Look, it's really hot in here, I don't wanna black out and there's gonna be people coming out of nowhere, and you don't wanna get scared so just come."

I stared blankly at him but followed anyways. We entered with him dragging me in and I was already regretting everything.

Nose blocking white fog enveloped the surroundings and I lifted up my free arm up to my face, trying to obstruct the machinery fog.

He walked further into a direction and I followed closely, with my eyes partially closed. It was all dark with just a small strobe light on a faraway corner.

Jungkook was just unbothered as if he lived here. He walked further casually and calmly as if walking on an empty road.

There was a sudden gush of wind towards my side which almost made me shiver. I took a step closer to him and a quick breath followed.
He gazed at me for some good ten seconds and then broke into a fit of laughter.

His laugh was child-like and it was kinda relaxing in a way, maybe because it was the only sound I could hear at that moment.

"Hey, what's up with you?" He said, trying not to laugh more.
I just glared at him, trying to ignore his infections laugh.

"Okay, let's play a game." I suggested. He looked at me with a frown and shook his head in disbelief.
"Whatever floats your boat." He said after a while and stared walking, dragging me along.

"Okay, I'll ask you some questions." I said, as I looked towards my left as I felt a movement. Why am I so scared...

"You have to answer and you can ask me questions too, yeah?" I finally looked at him but he didn't answer.

"Okay, first question. Why do you like these haunted houses so much?" I said, trying to focus on the strings of his pink hoodie and not look around where really creepy CGI of some scary animals and ghosts surrounded me.

He stayed silent for a while but finally answered.
"I don't know. Maybe because I'm not scared, unlike a little pussy here."

"Hey, shut up! At least I'm acting like an actual human who's being scared. At this point, I doubt if you're a human. How can you not be scared even once?" I asked, realising that I had never seen him be scared of anything.

He kept mum and kept walking, probably trying to ignore me.
He really has the audacity...

I followed him like a kid trying not to get lost in the dark and suddenly a skeleton was thrown at us from above.