Hospital Beds

I woke up. I looked around. Dana was in the corner sleeping. Zac was sleeping with Emma on his lap. I looked to the side of me. Cole had his chin rested upon his arms. His eyes were red and puffy, tear stains down his cheeks.

I sat up. I looked on the floor. On the floor, layed Will, David, Gabe, and Dalton.

I poked Cole in the cheek. He looked at me and wiped his cheeks. Coles face brightened up.

"Ali?" He said happily.

"It's me." I said. He hugged me.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too. Where are we?" I asked. He let go.

"Hospital." Cole said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Don't you remember?" He asked. I remembered nothing from what happened last night.

"No. What happened?" I asked again.

"Your brother, Destery, kidnapped you. We saved you, and you got bitten by a mountain lion." Cole explained.

"Destery? Why'd you let me see him? He's a escapee." I stated.

"Escapee?" He asked.

"Broke out of prison." I said.

"Why was he in prison?" Cole asked.

"Kidnappings, drug deals, rapes, and helping a fugitive." I said.

"Okay. I didn't know that Destery was going to be there. I thought you were seeing your parents." Cole told me.

"Wherever parents are, Destery is." I said.

"Thanks. I'll remember that." He said.

There was movement on the floor. Dalton's head appeared. He rubbed his eyes and scratched his head.

"Howdy." I said.

"Am I interrupting something?" Dalton asked.

"No, no. Just talking. She remembers nothing of last night." Cole said.

"I told you." Dalton said.

"Told him what?" I asked.

"I told him that you weren't gonna remember things." Dalton said.

"Oh." I said, sitting up a little more.

•~•~~•~•

Everyone was awake. Emma was sitting on my lap. She had gotten me a giant teddy bear with Zacs money. Cole got me a rose (unthorned) and 6 balloons. Emma already popped one of the balloons.

"Thanks for all you guys." I said.

"Thank you for living." Zac said.

"Remind me never to go to that shop." I said.

"Sure thing." Cole said.

"Can you braid my hair?" Emma asked.

"Yup yup." I said. I parted her hair into 3 sections. I began to braid and talk.

"Why'd all you guys come down here?" I asked Will, Dalton, and David.

"Your my best friends girlfriend! Why wouldn't I?" Dalton said.

"Your like my little sister. We've shared so many moments. It would be rude not to come." Will said.

"I know we might not get along all the time, but still. We love you, Ali." David told me.

"Me especially." Cole said, looking down at me.