Tracking Flies

I sat on the couch, anxious to hear back from the police. Cole was pacing back and forth in front of me.

"What if they can't track 'em?" I asked, chewing on my nails and bopping my knee.

"They're gonna find 'em." Cole said.

"What if they can't find them?" I asked again.

"They're gonna find them." Cole said.

"What if they kill Emma!" I shouted, slowly starting to panic. I stood up.

"They're not gonna kill Emma!" Cole yelled, he grabbed onto my shoulder and spoke softly, "babe, don't panic. Everything's gonna be alright."

"I know, I know. But-" he interrupted me.

"No buts. The police WILL find them. Don't worry!" Cole said, pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him.

Coles cell phone rang and we immediately stopped hugging. He pulled out his phone.

"Yes?" Cole asked, answering the call, "yes...thank you sir...yes, I will tell her...thanks again...bye bye." Cole hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket.

"So?" I asked, almost afraid to know the answer. I want to know if they found Des, Mom, and Dad, but I don't want to know the bad news.

"They found them, but-" I cut him off.

"Here's the bad news..." I trailed off.

"But they are back in Portland by now." Cole said. I frowned.

"What do they want?" I asked.

As if almost on cue, a brick flew through the window and nearly hit me. Luckily, I ducked. I slowly stood up, confused. I looked at Cole, who was looking at the window from which The brick came from.

He walked over to the window which had a hole in it. Cole examined the hole. He looked out. Only bushes and trees.

I picked up the brick. The brick was dirty and rusty. It was cover in tape. I peeled off the tape. When I finished peeling off the tape, a small paper fell in my lap.

It read:

You think we're away? Guess again, bitch. We have eyes everywhere. Want your precious little Emma? Come and get her! 1666 Little Widow Way. The house at the end of the road.

It was not signed. I'm guessing its The Triple Threat. My eyes widened. I looked around. They have eyes everywhere?

"Cole there's a note." I said.

"What's it say?" Cole asked.

"You think we're away? Guess again, bitch. We have eyes everywhere. Want your precious little Emma? Come and get her! 1666 Little Widow Way. The house at the end of the road." I said.

"Okay, let's turn this into the police." Cole said. I nodded.

•~~•~•~~•~•~~•

"This is not good. Nope, no it is not." The sheriff said.

"Well, what can we do about it?" Cole asked.

"We can go to the house, can't we?" I asked.

"We cant go to the house because I do not know if this is a scam or not." Sheriff said.

"I see." Cole said. He rubbed his chin.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"The plan is..." The sheriff started.