Doctors Surprise

Web we found Emma, we took her the doctors office. Her arm broke in half and was held together by literally a thread.

The doctors casted it. She chose green. It was a neon green. I signed her cast with a sharpie. Cole did the same.

"I'm sorry, hun." Cole said.

"For what?" Emma asked.

"For your arm being broken." He explained to the girl.

"No, it's fine. I like my cast." Em said.

I over heard their conversation from the ice cream cart. We promised Emma we would get her ice cream.

"One mint chip-two scoops-one cookies and cream-one scoop-and one cookie dough-three scoops." I said.

I got mint chip, Emma got cookies and cream, and Cole got cookie dough.

I walked back to our table and sat down. I handed everyone their ice cream cone.

"Tell Ali thank you." Cole demanded, taking a lick of his ice cream.

"Thank you, Ali." Emma said, taking a big bite of ice cream.

•~•~~•ONE MONTH LATER•~~•~•

Emma has one more month till her cast is taken off. Cole asked me this morning to meet him at the studio at 12. He said he has a surprise for me.

He took Emma with him to work. It must have been a really special day because Cole never take Emma with him.

It's 11:30 now, and I'm not ready at all. Cole told me to wear something comfy.

I'm really nervous. The last few surprises Cole got for me ended up being really...odd.

Example:

"I have a surprise for you!" Cole told me.

"What is it?" I asked, awaiting the surprise. All he did was wiggle his eye brows. He looked at the bed.

"I'm not having sex with you, Cole. Not until we are married." I said.

"I know. I bought new bed sheets." He said. He went back to doing what he was doing before.

See.

Odd.

I'm honored that he is comfortable enough to..you know...but like I said before.

I drove to the studio.

I got out of the car and walked inside the studio. I found the room they were in and started to talk to them.

"Ali! You're here!" Todrick said.

"And you are here, as well!" I said. Todrick smiled.

"Are you here for Coles surprise?" Toddy asked.

"Yup yup." I said.

"Cole! Lets roll!" Toddy yelled. He turned me around to look at a red curtain.

The curtain dropped and Cole was there. Along with Dana and a small band.

Cole and everyone were in tuxes. Cole had an old fashioned microphone. He started to talk like Elvis.

"Now, uh. We've known each other for a while now. And uh. We've been dating for 1 year, 6 months, 12 days, and 36 seconds. 37. 38. 39." Cole began.

"But who's counting. Right?" Dana said.

"And uh. I was wondering if, uh. If uh. You wanna like be my wife." Cole continued.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"Ali, will you marry me?" Cole said not in the Elvis accent.

I stood stunned.

"Ali?" Dana asked.

"Ali." Toddy said.

"Yes." I said.

Cole walked over to me and hugged me. He kissed my forehead. Then my nose. Then my lips. The kiss he set on my lips was a passionate one. Filled with life and compassion and love.

"Yes." I said into his shoulder.

"Great." Cole said, hugging me tighter.