I Will Find You

Ali's POV

"Can we got the park, now?" Emma asked, stroking the dog.

"Yes, in just a minute." Cole said, fixing his hat.

"But I want to go now." Emma complained.

"In a minute, sweetheart." I budded in. Cole smiled at me. We both turned to look at Emma.

"Okay, let's go." Cole said, walking confidently out of the bathroom.

•~•~~•~•

"ALI LOOK!" Emma called to me. She flipped around the bar.

"Be careful, Em!" I called back to her.

"I am!" She yelled.

I was sitting on the bench with Cole. My fingers intangled with his. I rested my head on his shoulder. He rested his head on mine. We both closed our eyes, sighed, then opened them again.

"Where'd Emma, go?" Cole looked panicked throughout the children playing. I sat up.

"She's on the bars, isn't she?" I asked, confused.

"No, that's why I'm asking, Ali." Cole seemed more worried than before.

"You want her? Come and get her!" We heard someone yell from behind. We turned around to see Destery, and my biological mom and dad.

I pulled out my phone quickly and took a picture of the license plate. They drove away.

"What'd you do?" Cole asked.

"I took a picture of the license plate so we can take it to the police." I explained.

"Ah, I see. Lets go!" Cole said, pulling me to the car.

•~•~~•~•

"I'm sorry, but without physical evidence that they took the girl, we cannot track anything." The police man said.

"We have evidence! They fucking yelled at us, 'if you want her, come and get her'! And you don't call that evidence!" I screamed. I'm really fed up.

"Mrs. Pendery, pls calm down." The man said.

"No, I wo-" I was cut off.

"Ali..." Cole held my elbow and told me to shut up with his eyes. I took a deep breath.

"I have a video of them screaming the things They did at us. Does that count as evidence?" I asked, calmly.

"Possibly." The police man said. I pulled out my phone and showed him the video. I paused it towards the end and pointed to the faint figure in the window.

"There. There she is." I said. The mans eyes grew wide.

"What is it?" Cole asked.

"Th-tha-that's The Triple Threat." He said.

"Who's that?" Cole asked.

"It's what Destery and the parents call themselves." I said.

"Wait, they're your parents?" The police man asked.

"My biological parents, but they put me up for adoption." I said.

"Oh," He said, "can you show me the license plate again, please?"

I showed the picture.

"So?" Cole asked.

"They are The Triple Threat. I can get them for way more than kidnapping."