Planning The Plan

"The plan is..." The sheriff started, "I don't know what the plan is, honestly."

"I have idea!" I said. The sheriffs eyes shifted to me. Cole continued to chew his nails, but while staring at me.

"What would that be?" Cole asked.

"Well, Cole and I go, but police watch from the street. We can where special mics and cameras so you guys, the cops, can see and hear what we are doing." I explained my plan. The sheriff nodded and scratched his chin.

"That could work. I'll check with my executive and get back to you." He said. Cole and I sat waiting. There was a short silence. "You can go home."

"Oh!" Cole said.

"Let's go, Cole." I said, standing up. I held out my hand. He took it. I pulled Cole out of the chair.

We went home and awaited the call from the police department.

•~•~~•~•

The phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello! This is Mr. Alvarez, the principle of Little Apple Kindergarten, I would like to inform your child, Emma Pendery, did not attend school today." I panicked.

I should have known this was going to happen! I do not know what to say...I'll just tell him the truth.

"Uhm... I'm not sure how to say this.." I tried to speak.

"Spit it out Mrs. Pendery." Mr. Alvarez told me.

"Well, the other day, at the park, Emma kind of got kidnapped. But we have it all under control. We are working with the police to get her back." I said.

"Okay," he cleared his throat, "hope you find Miss Emma. Good luck Mrs. Pendery."

"Thank you." I said. He hung up.

Cole was sitting on the couch. I just started to break into tears. Full on water works. Cole stood up and enveloped me in a hug. He held me tight.

"Hey, hey. It's going to be alright." He rubbed circles in my back. I cried into his shoulder.

I sniffled, "what if it's not?"

"Don't say that, it will." Cole said.

"Let's hope so." I said.

"Come on. It will be fine. We will get a call from the sheriff department and we will put your plan into action. Until then, lets hang out. I'll order Chinese food, and rent a few movies. We can have a date night." Cole said.

"I appreciate how much you care, but all I need right now is you to hug me and not let go." I said.

With that, he did. He hugged me and didn't let go. We were just standing in the middle of the living room hugging the guts out of each other. We didn't give a damn who saw us through the open windows.

•~•~•ONE HOUR LATER•~•~•

Cole ended up ordering Chinese food and renting movies. We did have a date night. At the end of the date, the phone rang once again. Cole answered it.

"Hello....yes this is he...oh thank you so much...yeah...tomorrow...noon...we will be there...bye." The phone call ended.

"Who was that?" I asked, concentrating on picking up noodle with chopsticks.

"The police." Cole said. I looked up from my noodles, shoving another bite in my mouth.

"What they say?" I managed to get out through the chewing.

"They said that tomorrow, at noon, we are putting your plan into action." Cole said, sitting down and getting his noodles.

A brick flew through the card-boarded window. We put cardboard on the hole that another brick recently went through. I grabbed the brick.

This time, the brick had words written on it in Sharpie; from what it looked like.

It said:

See you tomorrow