Excursions (L'excursion)

A/N: Welcome to chapter four! This chapter is the final chapter of the first arc, or the Nascence Arc, of Le Mère des Champignons. Nascence is centered around Grian, following his story, or at least part of it. 

Nascence: A beginning. 

The next arcs are going to have their own individual characters that they're centered around. 

5-9 Arc 2 [Confluence] - Etho

10-13 Arc 3 [Threshold] - xB

14-20 Arc 4 [Descent] - Mumbo 

21-25 Arc 5 [Apotheosis] - Bdubs

26-27 Arc 6 [Atonement] - Epilogue(s)

I'm looking forward to writing these chapters ahead of us! I have an outline and I've planned out nearly all of the plot points >:)

Sit tight and snuggle in! 

~

TW: PARASITISM, SICKNESS, AND BLOOD

Skip no. 1 (TW: Parasitism and Sickness): "However, that little glimmer..." to "The whispers flow..."

Skip no. 2 (TW: Sickness): "Reaching the opposite bank..." to "Once settled..."

Skip no. 3 (TW: Parasitism): "They sting..." to "He wants to curl up and hide..."

Skip no. 3 (TW: Parasitism): "His right arm..." to "He grimaces as he stares..."

Skip no. 4 (TW: Blood): "...gripping his sword" to "He needs the wood."

Skip no. 5 (TW: Injuries, Blood, and Parasitism): "He lifts his right arm in surprise as it tingles..." to "Relieved..."

Skip no. 6 (TW: Parasitism): "...and walks back towards Mushi" to "More time."

oh yeah, gonna have some vent-y content mid-chapter. i'm going through some things :')

sorry in advance ig xD

~

Songs: "Excursions" by C418 and "Fortíðarþrá" by Jónas Sig

~

"Allt á skjön við sannleikann, týnt í djúpum dal" 

[we are all at odds with the truth, lost in a deep valley]

-"Fortíðarþrá [Longing for the Past]" by Jónas Sig

~

∴ᔑꖌᒷ ⚍!¡.

ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡∷╎リᓵ╎!¡ꖎᒷ ⍑ᔑ⚍リℸ ̣ ᓭ ||𝙹⚍.

Sharp and horrific pain brings Grian back into consciousness. 

His eyes snap open to embrace the light of pre-dawn, yet he does not try to sit up. Dazed, he turns his head to his right. 

The small, yellow dandelion smiles at him, almost dancing in the golden light. It gives the man a taste of hope.

However, that little glimmer of hope evaporates as he remembers the lichen. He sits up, much to his discomfort, reaching his right arm behind him to feel the patch. As he does so, he notices that small, brown mushrooms have begun to sprout from his arm. A dull ache radiates from the source, similar to that of the site of a vaccination, and nausea pools in his stomach.