Storm (La Tempête)

A/N: An additional mini chapter that leads on into the next chapter! I said last time that this chapter was going to be sad, but that was wrong of me. Next chapter is going to be sad xD

~

Soundtrack: "Milton's Tower" by Joel Corelitz and Jeff Russo, and "haunt me x3" by Teen Suicide

~

The rain brings two things to this world. Gloom and life. Through the dark grey of the heavy rains brings water, which is life to everything. Each drop delivers a story, unique to each one. With it, it travels deep into the soil and is hidden away, so that the creatures of this world may never find it again.

~

Grian and Etho huddle in their tent, waiting for the storm to pass. The rain thunders down on the rain tarp, making it almost impossible for the two to hear each other speak. They still spoke to each other, nonetheless, speaking of times of old, when they were happy and free; of times before the war, before the suffering. Of times of laughter and brightness. It turns out that Etho and Grian had much in common, even though they had not spoken much before.

It reminded them much of a time when things seemed a lot more hopeful; when the two still knew that most of the Resistance members were still alive. It reminded them of a time when the story was of freedom, and they knew that the H.E.P. couldn't take it away.

They spoke of this story.

The Story of Tonight.

~

A/N: Short and sweet. Preparing for the next chapter :)