Chapter 2

You ran over, kneeling down next to the blonde, almost white haired boy. His breathing was shallow. He was covered in ashes, he must've been practicing his pyro vision and it got out of hand. Your heart shattered as you heard him mutter the words, "No! Don't go.." in his unconscious state. The boy looked to be your age, just a lot clumsier. You attempted to lift the boy to bring him to Barbara, but he was too heavy for you to pick him up with his dead weight. You grunted and decided to take a different approach. You grabbed his wrists after standing, beginning to carefully drag him back to Mondstadt. You weren't going to leave him out there by himself, especially with Hilichurls recently popping up at Windrise. It took most of your strength, but you managed to drag him to the first set of stairs in Monstadt. You set his arms down, letting out a frustrated sigh. No one was going to help you, and you knew it. You paced, keeping an eye on the boy as you began to think. You ran your hand through your H/C hair, perking as you got an idea. You propped the boy against the stairs, kneeling down as you pulled him onto your back, then went up the stairs. You made it to the Cathedral, about ready to pass out as you kicked the door a few times as a knock. Barbara opened the door, her eyes wide, "What happened?!" She gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. You gave her an exhausted gaze, "I was running a commission when I saw him knock himself out quite literally while testing his abilities I assume.. Took a big hit on his body it looks like." You said, jumping to adjust the weight on your back. Barbara's eyes widened as she quickly stepped aside, "Oh my Barbatos... bring him in, quickly Y/N!" She instructed. You happily walked in, sitting him down on one of the pews as she instructed. Barbara got to work with healing him. You smiled, turning to leave when Barbara stopped you, "I'm sure he'll want to meet his rescuer. Please stay!" She smiled. You let out a heavy sigh, "Alright.." You agreed, sitting down. Barbara finished and turned to you, "He's a regular... His name is Bennett and he happens to get injured a lot. The boy must have bad luck.." She sighed, sorrow in her eyes as she then hurried off. You nodded to Barbara, resting your head back to get some shut eye.