Chapter 13

You looked up, tears streaming down your face. The figure was foggy, but the silhouette looked familiar. You reached out to it when it quickly faded and you woke up in Bennett's arms. "B-Benny?!" You said in shock. "Are you okay, Y/N..?" Bennett asked, not even concerned for himself.

"I should be asking you that!" You snapped back, drying your tears, cupping his face in your hands as you checked him over. "No extra scars. Good. Better stay like that." Bennett looked at you with squished cheeks, "What happened?" It was a muffled question, but you could make it out.

You told Bennett everything, then gently punched his shoulder, "You need to not have reckless plans!" You yelled, but you weren't yelling at him. Bennett chuckled nervously, "I'm sorry, Y/N.. It's the only plan that would work at the time! Or so I thought.." He sighed, hugging himself and looking away.

"Maybe if you had a different team, things would be different for you. I am a bad luck charm after all..." Bennett said, sadness oozed out of his voice. You perked up, "Bennett! Don't say that! You are amazing, and we make a great team, so stop doubting yourself!" At this point, you had forced your own tears to dry to comfort Bennett.

He looked to you, "I'm serious, Y/N. I don't want you hurt..." He then hugged you tightly. You embraced the boy in return, "Perhaps, instead of leaving, we get more members?" You suggested. You had made some friends in your travels. "Who would want to join a team with me in it..?"

You grinned, "I have some friends, who would be eager to help me out. And, isn't adventuring better with more companions? Of course, me and you will still do all the usual things, perhaps take a break for a week or every month to let everyone see their families." You suggested. Bennett perked, "That actually doesn't seem to bad... When can we meet them?"

You looked to him, "Once you've recovered. It's a trip to meet two of the potential members. We have to go to Liyue. And we also have to go to Wolvendom." You said. Bennett perked, "Wolvendom.. So Razor?" You nodded. Bennett began to think, "I don't know anyone in Liyue, I've never been outside of Mondstadt."

"It's alright. I'll make a point to give you a tour around Liyue." You smiled, "You'd like it! It's beautiful there, and the food is delicious." Bennett perked, "I have heard Liyue Cuisine is delicious. Alright, I'm in!"
————————————-
Authors Note
I hope you guys enjoyed!
Try to guess who you might be recruiting.