Chapter 10

Bennett smiled, "I can say the same about you..." He stated. You blushed, smiling up to the boy who was only a few inches taller then you. He embraced you in a hug once more, and you could see why he was a pyro vision holder, his hugs were warm and cozy. You almost didn't want to escape his embrace.

He hugged you for what felt like forever, your eyes closer as you buried you nose into his chest. Bennett felt happy and lucky for once in his life. "How did I find you, Y/N..? How did I get this lucky?" Bennett asked, not trying to disturb you. You simply smiled, "You aren't unlucky, Bennett. You never have been. You are incredi-" Bennett cut you off, suddenly nuzzling into your shoulder, sobbing. "Benny?!" You said, afraid you did something.

Bennett laughed through his tears, "Thank you.." You giggled, "Why are you thanking me so much..?" Bennett smiled and pulled up, "Cause I mean it!!" You smiled softly and rested a hand on his cheek, he leaned into your touch. You caressed his cheek with your thumb, wiping his tears away. "I'll always be here, Benny.." You said, then lead Bennett to the backyard, sitting on a blanket you had laid out the day before. You patted the spot next to you, looking up to Bennett.

Bennett perked, sitting next to you. You two didn't speak, staring at the clouds together. Bennett inched his hand towards yours, eventually resting it on top. You gave him a slight smile as the wind gently blew your H/L, H/C locks.

——————

Apologies for the really short chapter. I've had a bad case of writers block and this is what I could push out. Hope you enjoyed!!