Chapter 9

You perked, setting the ham on the counter. You saw Bennett pick up a piece, beginning to happily eat it. You smiled and picked up the second piece, beginning to stuff your face. As you ate, you checked on the jam. It was ready. You smiled, beginning to make the sauce once you finished your Fisherman's toast and washed your hands. Bennett's eyes sparkled, savoring every bite of the toast. 'Has he never eaten home cooked meals before?' You asked yourself, skillfully making everything.

Once everything was ready, you hollered for Bennett. You sent him to your room so he could see your collections. You heard Bennett holler, "I'm coming!" And then you heard a loud thud. Your eyes widened, dropping everything you had in your hands on the counter, running up the stairs. "Bennett?! What happened?! Are you alright??" You called.

Bennett chuckled nervously, "I'm fine, but I accidentally broke an ore of yours.." You helped Bennett up, then looked at the ore that was in bits. "It's just some white iron... I can mine more. I collected that one because I found it in an uncommon area, but the deposit has filled back up, so I'll get more at a later time." You attempted to reassure him.

Bennett eyes showed sadness. You perked, "Bennett... it's alright, really." You smiled, resting your hand on his shoulder. Bennett looked up to you, "First time in your house and I've already broken something.." He sniffled. You didn't think twice before wrapping him up in a tight, comforting hug.

Bennett was surprised and hugged back, "Y-Y/N?" He sniffled. "Hm..?" You hummed, eyes closed. You were nuzzled into the crook of his neck. You were trying to keep him as close as possible. "Why have you stuck with me?" He asked, gently pulling you away with his hands on your shoulders. He looked at you dead in the eyes.

"What do you mean, 'Why have I stuck with you'? Bennett, do you not realize how amazing you are? How much fun you are on adventures? You get so excited about finding a chest, it's adorable! And let's not even mention that you've saved me many times." You smiled brightly, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Bennett blushed, overwhelmed, "I.. Y/N..." He hugged you tightly. You just smiled, hugging back. "Good things really do come to those who wait." You whispered to him. Bennett perked, "Good things? How about the best things! Y/N, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me!" He exclaimed.

You blushed, taken back by the major compliment, "Bennett.." Bennett smiled, "You've been there for me through everything! Life will get rough, and your there! It's like.. you know when I'm upset and you know exactly what makes me feel better." He stated.

"You've been there for me a lot, too. I hope you know that you've helped me with a lot of things. You make my day so much better by saying even the littlest of things.. There is something about you that is so oddly comforting..." You smiled softly, looking deep into his eyes.