Kora's mistake

Kora, after doing a lot of soul searching and thinking about his past and his current feelings, finally deciding approaching the topic of asking Discord out was a good idea. But who would he ask?

Probably not SimpInvader, he didn't know him very well and doubt he'd be very helpful. Yeet? Yeet would probably be helpful but then he would never shut up about it. Revved, being so young, probably wouldn't be a lot of help either. 

So, he settled on the friend they both had in common that knew Discord fairly well, Memegod.

He opened up his messaging app and went to their dms.

Kora: Hey Meme?

Meme: Sup?

Kora: I've given it a lot of thought and... I think I'm ready to tell Discord that I like her. but I don't know, how should I do it? Should I log into rec room and get us into a room alone? Should I just text her?

Kora watched the dots appear as Meme typed out an answer. Even though it only took him a moment to send the message, to Kora it felt more like an eternity.

Meme: Just tell her. I'm pretty sure she feels the same way about you. And if she doesn't, what do you have to lose.

Kora read that line over and over. Meme was right, there wasn't much at risk.

Kora went over to text her, however in his haste, he accidentally clicked on the general chat in the main discord instead of their dm's.

Kora: Hey winged?

right on time, the dots appeared and Discord replied back. 

Discord: Hey! What's up?

Kora: Listen I'm just gonna be honest.. I like you.

Meme: Uh, you know, I hate to break up this little moment here. But this isn't yall's private chat. This is the discord.

Kora: 0_0?!?!

V: Yeaaahhh...

Simp: ..bruh

Discord: Give me a minute, i'm gonna shoot you a DM.

Kora mentally started panicking. What is she going to say? Is she just trying not to turn him down infront of all the others? Does she like him back?

...Well he won't know if he doesn't read it.

her message finally came through.

Discord: So.... Here are my thoughts. I like you too. But, I have a few concerns. You've been hurt so much by people in the past, and I'm at a part of my life that has a lot of transitions coming up. I don't want to be the person that hurts you again if things don't go right, because you don't deserve that. Secondly, I know I'm only 2 1/2 years older than you, but I don't want you to feel like you're being pressured or forced into this relationship in any way. I'm also really emotional and I have a lot of bad days. So if we date... we have to put a lot of focus into helping each other and balancing the lives we already had. Especially since we live so far away from each other, we have to trust that nobody is going to do anything stupid. But if you trust me and really believe this is the best option for both of us.., then I don't see what's stopping us.

Kora read through the giant brick of text she sent. She did make a lot of good points, and they were all things that made sense and deserved some good thought and conversations. But even with everything she said, he already knew his responce.

Kora: We both have had really bad things happen to us. Things people do not deserve to be forgiven for. We will have bad days, and good days. But I think if we work together and really work to have a transparent and healthy relationship, this could work really well. I think we should do it.

Discord: Very well. Seems the decision has been made. Now, the big question, do we tell the others?

Kora: .....