──── 03. partners

━━ NATASHA TILTED HER

HEAD to the side, looking absolutely clueless about what Miya blurted out. But firstly, how did he know YoungK?

"Uh.. N-no, I mean.. I just heard someone playing an instrument from here, so I decided to take a look..?" Miya said, quite unsure of his answer because he was still flustered by the fact the he accidentally embarassed himself in front of you.

Natasha nodded her head, her gaze went down to what Miya was holding. The side of her lips rose up before glancing back at the male.

"Are you going to the teacher's lounge?" She asked, Miya was kind of surprised that the girl knew, and yet again, she does indeed know everything.

"Yeah." Miya replied shortly, feeling awkward to have a talk with his fellow classmate. Natasha's mouth formed into a letter o, as she linked her arm with his as if both of them are already close.

Miya was shocked and flustered again by the closure that they had now. He wasn't really used with people being touchy with him, and it was his first time in years that someone from his class tried to talk, or befriend with him.

"What a coincidence! I was about to go there too! Let's go there together, then." The purple-haired exclaimed as she pulled the male out from the music room, their feet bringing them to the teacher's lounge which is just a couple of rooms ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"I'll be assigning you a quite hard performance task for your Music subject." The professor announced, earning a various groans and whines from the students.

"But, you'll be working in pairs to make this task much faster! The deadline will be next month, and I'll let you choose your own partner." As he said that, murmurs filled the classroom as they started looking at their best friends. Just by looking at each other, they already know that they will be partners.

"As for your project, you'll be making your own song. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as you really made it and it has sense." Natasha's ears perked up upon hearing the project, a small grin plastered on her face as she was getting excited of this performance task.

Despite being busy with violin practices, the girl had started to make some small song skits that she thought out of the blue.

"But.. Pairs? It will be fine if Devan was here. But he's a year above from me." The girl thought to herself, wandering her eyes around the room. And then, her sapphire-like colored eyes caught a certain black-haired male, looking outside the window beside him.

As the other students went to their friends for them to ask each other to be partners, Natasha sneakily went to Miya's seat, which is a couple of chairs from her. The male still didn't notice her, he was staring at the window, as if he was daydreaming about something.

Natasha bend her knees to slightly match the height of the desk, she then placed her arms on top of it while resting her head. She was waiting for Miya to notice her presence.

Some of their classmates would steal a glance at Natasha, quite confused as to seeing her staring intently at Miya. To their knowledge, they knew that both of you weren't close. They didn't even see you ever talk to him throughout your years here in middle school, or vice versa. If ever both of you would talk, maybe just muttering sorry or excuse me.

"What are you thinking about?" Natasha mumbled, yet enough for the daydreaming male infront of him to hear. Miya slightly flinch as he averted his gaze from outside the window, and finally glance at Natasha.

"What the—?! Where did you came from?!" Miya shouted as you caught him off-guard.

"Did you even heard our teacher's announcement?" The girl asked, ignoring what the black-haired male had questioned.

"O-of course!" The boy mentally facepalmed for stuttering. Natasha let out a small hum, a small smile appeared on her face.

"Let's be partners." She bluntly said, the girl didn't even stutter. Miya Chinen's face became red, matching the hair color of his friend, Reki.

"Huh?!"

"Come on. If you're thinking about doing this on your own, like you always do, don't you dare do it. Making a song is much harder than it seems." Whatever Natasha said was indeed true, that's why she admired the song writers who are working their ass off just so they could produce a very good music. Like her mentor's band.

Miya let out a small sigh, not even thinking about it knowing that the girl in front of him wouldn't lie about such thing. He nodded his head, gesturing using his hand to tell Natasha to leave him alone.

"Okay! When are we going to star—" The purple-haired didn't get to finish her sentence as she was called by her teacher.

"Ms. Nonjo, a upperclassman is looking for you." The old man called out, causing Natasha to glance at the door way, only to see her dearest friend, Devan. The blue-haired male waved his hand at the girl, giving out a soft smile.

Natasha's classmates that are a girl, started whispering to one another upon seeing Devan. It couldn't be helped, though. The male was rather famous because of his good looks, and not to mention that he is also a pianist who's been winning a lot of contests lately.

The girl then glance at Miya, an apologetic smile plastered on her face as she grabbed the male's hands, making the male flustered by the sudden contact.

"Meet me at the Music room later, so we can discuss about when we'll do our project!" Natasha exclaimed, she then let go of Miya's hands and started walking towards Devan. Before that, Natasha bowed at her teacher first before walking out of the classroom with the older male on her side.

"Partners, huh. I guess it won't be that bad. She is smart, after all. She won't pull me down." Miya thought to himself as he stared outside the window again.