──── 07. rhythm

━━ THE GIRL LED

Him to her spacious bedroom that was filled with various of instruments, scattered books, papers and notebooks, and two skateboards hanging on the pastel purple walls. The room was already big, but with all the mess in the room, it almost seemed like the space was smaller. 

Natasha always wanted a bigger room since she plays countless of instruments and needs space to hide them and care for them. She begged her mom and uncle for a bigger room and she ended up agreeing. Seeing her messy room, she notes that she needed to clean it or else she'll get scolded more than her former teacher in piano.

"Sorry for the mess." Natasha said, picking up the important and none important papers that were in the way of them. She squinted her eyes, questioning how the paper that was originally on the table ended up on the floor.

"It's fine. Nice skateboards." Miya muttered, his eyes wandered to her skateboard. He wanted to ask permission to ask for the board, but he was awkward about it. The cumbersome atmosphere was lingering between them, making both of them sigh quite a lot of times.  

"Thank you!" She exclaimed with a smile.

"So, what are you going to show me?" He asked as the girl let him sit on her bed. Natasha took out her guitar and sat beside the black-haired male, not too close but not on the edge of the bed.

"Our professor didn't even even bother to tell us if we're going to perform the lyrics that we made or not."

"So... I already made a rhythm just incase! Are you willing to sing, or am I going to teach you how to play the guitar?" The girl asked, glancing at her side.

"Just teach me how to play. I'm a fast-learner anyways." He answered with a shrug.

Natasha nodded her head, she then placed the guitar on her lap. Her delicate fingers fluttered on the fretboard, each finger were placed on each strings. 

She took out the pick that was beside her, and once the pick hit the strings, it started making some noises, the girl then continuously played the guitar, memorizing the flow of the guitar perfectly even though she had only played it once.

Natasha's eyes fluttered closed and started relaxing her shoulders as she listened to the tempo. Miya's emerald orbs stared at her figure, watching as her lips formed into a thin smile, clearly enjoying the moment.

This moment is all too familiar for him. That time when he watched her play the piano, seeing the exact same soft expression that she had now.

Joe was right, instruments are really the source of her happiness, her stress reliever.

And then it hit him, he, also, wanted to be the reason behind her soft smile, he wanted to be Natasha's happy pill.