♡Eight♡

Gon was leaning against the railing on the rooftop, peering over the edge to watch the courtyard. He was munching on a baby carrot as he watched the students conversing below, there were a few other students on the rooftop eating their lunch or studying. Gon didn't care, he was focusing on one thing; the boy who always sat at the same spot at the center fountain.

He knew what was to come at any moment now, and to be honest, he wished things like this could be easier. He didn't mind really resorting to violence, it helped him relieve built up stress and frustrations, but he hated having to always be careful, but that's how it needed to be to make sure his image stayed perfect for the upperclassman.

He picked up another baby carrot from the container as he continued watching.

Any second now...

As if right on cue, he saw that particular student walking out into the courtyard carrying a covered tray. Gon scowled a bit, he already knew what was under the cover, watching as Kanna walked nervously up to Killua.

He saw her begin to converse with Killua and Gon wanted nothing more than to 'accidentally' flick a baby carrot at the annoying student to get her to stop talking to Killua, but he needed this to happen, so he took in a deep breath and calmed himself.

Kanna held out the tray towards KIllua, maybe wanting him to unveil it himself. The pale boy smiled brightly once he lifted up the cover, and Gon felt his heart crack a tiny bit- he didn't like it when a someone made Killua smile when he knew what their real intentions were. Killua had a big- almost cat shaped- smile on his face as he looked at the cupcakes, other students also took notice and some gathered around to admire the pretty cupcakes.

Gon rolled his eyes in annoyance.

She made a mini cake, big fucking deal.

He watched, Kanna, being extremely flattered and blushing like crazy, saying something to the blue eyed boy, most likely offering him whichever he wanted. Killua excitedly and with delicate hands picked the 'best looking' one, looking at with gleaming eyes.

Gon smiled when he saw Kanna offer the other students the rest as well, all accepting happily.

The more the merrier...

He watched Killua thank Kanna with a small bow, Kanna blushing and watching with hopeful eyes as he brought the small cupcake to his mouth and take a big bite. Gon's breath hitched as he watched Killua eat the entire thing like nothing and maybe his mind drifted a bit from that, but watched as Kanna eagerly waited for a response; the other students eating their own cupcakes as well.

Gon frowned.

No one seemed effected.

What the hell?

He saw Killua smile happily, he swears he could hear him speak kind words and praising Kanna for the dessert. Gon felt his breathing quicken, "Did I fuck up...?" He mumbled to himself.

He felt like he wanted to cry, he grasped his hair in frustration, he doesn't understand what went wrong; he put the poison in for the baking powder and saw Kanna put it back in the cabinet just yesterday. Now, no one was reacting to what should have been a shitty cupcake. He felt like he just gave Kanna a free chance to talk to his Killua, she was finally able to make her move.

Maybe I didn't put enough... Maybe she used a different type of baking powder? 

Gon was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a few students talking worriedly in the courtyard. He saw a few students hover concerningly around this one student who was holding their own stomach, asking if they were alright. Then in a matter of seconds, that student threw up onto the grass below, the cupcake in hand.