Five.

*The song for this chapter is Six Feet Under - The Weeknd.*

Celeste

I had to push the cryptic note that was discovered earlier in the day to the back of my mind for work that night. It was going to be a busy night at Haze and over my dead body was I letting my staff run the night without me there to keep everyone in check.

The purple lights were illuminating the club; the dancers were walking around and performing on the stage keeping our clientele satisfied. All the dancers I'd hired were trustworthy girls that lived and breathed their work, so I was more than happy to give them a safe environment to do their thing in. I took the safety of my girls very fucking seriously, none of the men here were allowed to touch them in the public area of the club, and they certainly weren't allowed to touch them in the private rooms without the consent of the girls and without two of our security team outside of the door.

I was stood behind the bar, flicking through the books and making sure that everything was in check and in order. Even the tiniest of mistakes wasn't going to fly, and with me being a perfectionist I had to ensure everything was in order for when Papa checked the books. I had my head dipped down into the books as I was circling and highlighting the key things that I knew Papa would check when Lana stormed over to me, bag swinging off her shoulder.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" I pipe up, lifting my gaze to hers slightly as I raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

In true Lana style, she flung her bag onto the bar and slumped down on one of the stools before leaning over the bar and grabbing a full bottle of tequila, and throwing some down her throat.

That's my girl.

"The blonde guy from last night has been circulating none stop in my brain and I don't want any of it. Not one single bit of my brain wants to be preoccupied with some guy whose name I don't even remember," she rambled to me, bringing up the bottle to her lips and taking yet another swig.

"Then stop thinking about him" I conclude, looking back down to my books as I continue highlighting the important bits of information.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much for your helpful insight, CeCe! I really never ever considered that," she sarcastically drawled out to me, pushing the bottle away from herself as she placed her bare forehead on the bar.

I rolled my eyes as I quietly removed the bottle from the bar so Lana couldn't hear me, signalling to one of the bar guys to cut her off and not give her any more liquor. The last thing I needed was to be hauling Lana's drunken ass into my car when the night was done.

I slipped out from behind the bar to start my routine patrol of the floor; I wanted to make sure the clientele was happy, the dancers were happy and that everyone was doing their jobs. We had some high-end clients in the bar tonight. Wall Street type men with more money than sense and unsatisfied wives at home.

Hey, if they line my pockets who am I to judge?

My black two-piece suit with a white lace bralette underneath was a perfect fit for tonight's crowd. My black stiletto heels were tapping off the floor as I made my way around the public booths on the main floor, ensuring that everyone was happy and content. As I was about to take my final sweep around the tables at the far back of the club, one of the dancers came up behind me and tapped my shoulder.