Twenty-Eight.

The song for this chapter is Blood // Water - Grandson.

Harry

"If I have to root through one more fucking FBI file, I'm going to make it my personal mission to shoot each and every one of you through the fucking skull for sitting there and doing fucking nothing."

"Fucking excuse yourself, ma'am. I'm doing very interesting and necessary research into what would be in your chest instead of your heart because I'm convinced you don't fucking have one."

A low chuckle left my lips at Cora and Niall going backward and forwards with each other in the warehouse where Cora set up base for the majority of her missions. We were taking it in turns to try and decipher who the Lucrezzà's were; Celeste was the only one who never left the warehouse unaccompanied. Myself, Zayn, or André, made a rotation on staying awake to guard her whilst the others worked on rotation sifting through files to try and find out the identities of the mystery couple.

Celeste was pushing herself to the limits to try and help the others identify the two missing pieces to our ever-growing puzzle. The strain that this was all having on her was making my stomach twist and turn into crippling knots that were really putting my morals to the test.

I knew that we were nearing in on Antoni and his circle of snakes.

I knew that sooner or later, I'd have a choice.

A choice that would forever condemn me.

It was on a constant circle in my brain; the way that her whole demeanor would shatter under the sudden realizations that would present themselves to her like blades to the skin, the way that she would never be the same person again. Those moments we shared in the condo, in our own impenetrable bubble, were the closest thing to pure humanity I would ever feel. The pictures I took of my Celeste in complete bliss, loving every single second of sinking fully into herself, of feeling on top of the fucking world, would soon be the only reminders that the time we shared together was absolutely real.

I made my deal.

I had to follow it through.

I was broken out of my train of thought by the very arms of the woman I loved circling around my neck as she rested her forehead against the back of my head. I instantly succumb to the instant comforting feeling that circulated around my body, filling me with a warmth that made the guilt that was eating away at me rise to the surface as I allowed myself to take in every second of pleasure as if it would be the last time I'd ever experience it.

"Hey, angel," I murmured out, placing my hands on top of hers as I sat further back in my chair.

"Have you rested yet?"

I shook my head as I took one of her hands in my own and brought her around from behind my frame. Her feet willingly led her to the spot in front of me; my arms instantly wrapping around her waist and positioning her on my lap, her arms wrapping around my neck as she rested her head in the crook of my neck. I began a rhythmic pattern of trailing my fingertips up and down her back, my lips pressed against her head as I reveled in the feeling of her.