Interlude-TimeTravel?

A/N
Alright this is kinda important. You guys might think this chapter is unnecessary but trust me it is; just not for the current arc. This was originally supposed to be Part 4 of the ongoing arc but I realized that if I didn't put this here then I couldn't put it anywhere.

This all work out in the end, trust me on that. I just needed this as a interlude to tie this to the arc and the world but a bit away from it. Gotta keep Obito busy and when someone gave me the idea for when Boruto time traveled, I thought "yea that's a good idea!" And... here we are.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter but it is a bit out there. And no I haven't forgotten about Obito's meeting with Yagura. Other reactions from other villages should be shown in the next chapter if I forget.

Anyway see ya in the next one!

"Wait, WHAT?!" Naruto yelled loudly. He had just gotten the news from Shikamaru that Sasuke had been kidnapped. He wasn't even woke before despite it being 12 in the afternoon and now he was dealing with this.

"Yea, and we've been assigned a mission to go and get him. But also her," he pulled out a picture of Rin, one that Naruto recognized.

'It's that lady from the hospital. The one who was always nice to me and helped me when I got injured.' He said internally, staring at the photo.

"Uh, Naruto? Are you ok?" Kiba asked from behind Shikamaru, noticing how long he was staring at the photo. It was kinda weird. "I know she's pretty but she's out of your league. And age. And height."

"Shut up!" Naruto yelled, breaking out of his mind at the mention of his short stature. "Come on, Shikamaru! We'll go rescue them both! They need us!" The Genin declared boldly, stepping out of his house and not realizing his fatal mistake.

"Naruto," Shikamaru deadpanned. "Put some clothes on."

When he said that Naruto chuckled nervously, looking down slowly to see that he only had his underwear on. And to add fuel on the fire, it had ramen all over it. "I'll go put something on."

When he came back out, Naruto was fresh and ready to go. "Ok! Who's on this mission with us?"

"It'll be what we have here plus Sakura, Ino, Shino, Hinata, Neji, and Tenten. When we get them, we'll leave immediately. Got all that?" Shikamaru explained.

"So we're getting everyone, huh?"

"Except Rock Lee." Choji said, finishing a bag of his favorite chips. That whole thing with Gaara would possibly have him injured for a while, if not indefinitely.

"Yea," Shikamaru agreed before pulling out a small map of Konoha. He wanted to be sure everyone knew the entire village for what he was about to say next. "We spit up from here. It's four of us and we're missing six people. We need to leave as fast as possible to catch up so, Naruto," he pointed to the Hyūga compound. "Go their and get Hinata and Neji. Tell them it's for a mission and be quick about it. No horse playing."

Naruto looked a the map for a bit longer before nodding and hopping off the roof, quickly making his way over.

Shikamaru turned to face Kiba, pointing to where the Aburame Clan was located. "Kiba, you're the fastest. So you go and get Shino from his home. Tell him it's for an important mission."

"Alright! I'll meet up with ya' guys in a bit!" He yelled as Akamaru barked from the top of his head. Kiba jumped off the roof and sped over to Shino's.

"Alright, it's just me and you left. You go and get Ino and then ask her where Sakura's house is to go and get her as well. While you do that, I'll go and get Tenten. I've got her location from the Hokage's assistant." Choji nodded and they both went to go and receive their teammates.