Chapter 6 - A new friend

Throwing yourself onto your bed, you groaned into your pillow, kicking your legs frantically in the air.

You could not believe the conversation you just had previously. To think so suddenly, as well.

Your head was all over the place. How were you supposed to feel right now?

-flashback-

Just before you could make it outside of the building, a voice called out for you.

Just my luck, you thought to yourself. You were desperately wanting a bed to rest on, and solitude, at that.

There Connie stood, huffing as he rested the palm of his hands onto his knees.

Eren followed him of course, just in a much slower, casual manner.

You stood as you were, half-turned, watching as Eren looked around the landscape, hands shoved in the depths of his pockets.

Connie had called out your name again, snapping you back to focus. He then questioned what you were doing after class tomorrow.

Not only were you confused as to why he was asking, but Eren seemed to be thinking the same as well.

You told him you weren't planning on doing anything, which then led him to grin from ear to ear.

He asked for your number. And if that wasn't alarming enough, he whispered something in Eren's ear in a questioning manner. 

You tried to read his facial expression but found nothing.

While you took a mental note of how good Eren was at keeping a straight face, you couldn't help but stand there awkwardly.

You were contemplating whether to just walk away, but Eren then flashed you a glance with a silent nod.

"Well then," Connie smiled abruptly, throwing an arm around Eren, who stood there unbothered.

"I'll text you the details soon," he stated, sticking two fingers up as he waved.

You bid them both farewell and carried on toward the dorms as they turned the opposite way.

-----

You let out a long sigh as you stared at the wall in silence.

You were confused, anxious, and curious all at the same time. While you rolled over to your side, you could hear the doorknob jiggle as it was being unlocked.

Your minor tantrum managed to let you completely forget about Hitch.

"Shit!" you muttered, jumping off of your bed and composing yourself.

You prayed that what Hitch said a couple of days ago was true, that she and Jean were really exclusive, otherwise you'd have to awkwardly excuse yourself and find refuge somewhere else.

You waited patiently at your desk chair, crossing your fingers as they laid on your lap.

"Hey cutieee" a voice none other than your roommate called out. You finally turned yourself around, letting the breath you were holding out in relief.

"Oh, nice to see you again!" the girl next to her spoke.

You let yourself smile as you saw a crate full of random food in her arms; an inviting aroma taking your notice.

"You're lucky Sasha is tight with the food pantry. Have you eaten yet?" Hitch grinned, walking over to her side of the room and shoving the pile of junk on her bed to the floor.

Placing the crate onto Hitch's bed, Sasha began to pull out various packages and bags.

You walked over to the mini-fridge in which the two of you had recently bought, grabbing three cans of soda.