Chapter 26 - An outfit

Before you knew it, the sun had begun to set without you realizing.

Not only were you exhausted from the unnecessary walking, but your mind was filled to the brim. By the time you and Hitch returned to your dorm, you collapsed over your bed, letting out a frustrated sigh. 

Hitch seemed to have been in a better mood, at least compared to earlier. Perhaps seeing one of her friends was more than needed for the both of you. 

Rolling over to the side, you watched as Hitch tossed her new pile of laundry to the corner of the room, sitting down as well. She certainly did not appreciate the amount of time she and Levi must have put into the place. 

Oh, speaking of Levi

Digging through your pocket, you quickly took out your phone, pulling up your contacts. Even though you were overwhelmed with all this new information, you didn't want to be rude to those who've been there for you.

Me

When do you want your clothes back?

Shutting off your phone, you brought your attention back to Hitch, who had been sitting on the edge of your bed without your knowledge. 

"Jesus, don't sneak up on me like that," you let out a breath, half-jokingly.

"Sorry, I just wanted to settle things quickly, I have a shift soon," she replied casually, letting her legs dangle on the edge of your bed. 

Sitting up, you copied her position, preparing for the talk you sensed coming. Though you were feeling uptight, Hitch seemed unfazed about the matter. Tilting her head backward, she looked at you with a calm expression.

"Let's do it."

The air in your throat nearly caught itself. You could only blink a few times as silence filled the room. 

"Really? Just like that?" you questioned, doubting her unusual demeanor. 

Hitch shrugged before looking down at her lap. 

"I can't say that I trust Eren, but I do, however, trust that you can take care of yourself," she explained, forming a cheesy smile. "You know him best, and for that, at least I have an excuse for tomorrow."

You raised a brow as she formed her signature playful look. 

"Excuse for what?" you questioned, leaning towards her eagerly. 

Hitch let out a taunting laugh as she crossed her arms in a cocky manner. 

You knew Hitch was always up for a challenge, and that scared you. 

Pointing a thumb at herself, she stared back at you calmly. "We're going to that party," she spoke slowly. "And we're going to test out some things."

You gave the girl a look of disbelief. Sure, your roommate knew how to play dirty, but you weren't so sure if you could just follow her so blindly. 

"That look on your face is scaring me."

Standing back up, Hitch took off to her side of the room, throwing open her closet door. You watched as she got onto all fours, digging through the clutter without an ounce of shame. 

"What are you doing?" you questioned, standing up to follow after her. 

As Hitch tossed random pieces of clothing behind her, you let out a sigh as a new mess began to take form. 

"Since I have to leave for work in a few," Hitch called out, back still facing you. "I have a favor to ask."

"What is it?" you questioned, dodging another piece of fabric.