Chapter 20 - Advice

The very first thing you recognized upon waking up was the faint sound of ringing. 

Letting out a loud groan, stretching your feet from its cramped space, you let your body lie stretched out.

 By the time you reached out to rub your eyes, you realized the window's light encapsulated the rest of the room. 

Sitting yourself up slowly, you looked around for your phone, only to see that it was face down on the floor. The ringing of your phone erupted once more, dancing across the floor.

It must have fallen while I slept.

 Pulling your legs out from the blanket, you bent down to inspect the notifications that seemed to be flooding in nonstop. 

-Not only were there several missed calls from Hitch, but messages sent by Connie and Eren as well. 

Your blood ran cold as soon as you saw the names. Not ready to face reality just yet; you wished you could lay back down and be soothed by the clean and calm environment you once called cold. But all you could do was frown, letting your phone shake slightly against the grasp of your fingertips.

"It's about time," a voice erupted from behind the couch. 

Flinching, you let your phone drop onto your lap.

Swerving around, you realized it was just Levi, arms folded with a plain look on his face as he stared down at you. His hair was wet, presumably from a shower. And though he was maybe a couple of feet away, you could still smell his body wash.

"Sorry, I just woke up," you replied lightly, rubbing the front of your hairline as you turned away. 

"No shit, it's almost 8," he replied. Turning back around, you watched as he ran a hand through his damp hair, sitting down on the edge of his bed. 

"I'm probably just going to skip my first class," you mumbled, peeking through the top messages on your phone. 

"Where are you?"

"girl you're scaring me"

"Are you safe??"

You couldn't help but scoff as you looked through Hitch's texts. She must have been concerned, sure, but this wasn't the first time you've had to seek shelter elsewhere. Perhaps it was only because your friendship was on thin ice.

"Are you sure? Thursdays are packed with lectures," Levi returned, getting up from his spot on the bed. Rummaging through another drawer, he kept his back towards you now. 

"Yeah, I'll probably just borrow notes from someone," you replied, staring blankly at the screen in hand. 

Has she already left the dorm by now?

"I hope you're not referring to me."

A smile formed on your lips, letting out a laugh that felt genuinely good.

"Your room is so clean," you stood up. Walking towards the window beside him, you watched as several students scattered. "The interior is so much different from mine too."

"Probably because this one comes with a bathroom."

Eyebrows raised, you looked back at him with shock. "Wait, really?" you questioned, not caring to hide that you were impressed. Turning around, you let your eyes scan further into the interior. Sure enough, a door you hadn't noticed until now was adjacent to the entrance.

 Levi began to approach closer, seeing as you were distracted by that simple statement. Shoving a pile of fabric into your chest, he only looked back at you plainly as you raised your brows in confusion.