Gaurdian of One : Chapter 19

~*~*~*~*~Lilia's Point of View~*~*~*~*~

Why haven't I ever met him before?, is he really my brother or is this my head playing tricks on me.

I'm an only child...

"I'm sorry... I ... I failed you" Custodius breaks down.

Slowly he slums down to the ground on his knees and hangs his head as if defeated. It pains me to see him like this, like a lost child without his mother to hold his hand..

"I was suppose to watch over you, protect you like an older brother should. When I came back to wake you the next morning it was like someone had taken my own life."

Custodius lets out a long shaky breath and continues "So I seeked vengeance, starting with the Cruentus family as they were the only family to deny our treaty."

Custodius clenches his fists and tears line his smooth jaw line. Breaking from my paralysed/shocked stat, I walk over to him and kneel down to his level. I raise my hand and gently wipe the tears away, making him swivel his head to the left.

"I..." He pauses "I attacked the heir and lost my life in the process, beginning another decades long war between he treaties family's and the Cruentus family" he cried.

"It's all my fault... I was suppose to protect you ... Watch over you as an angel should".

"Custodius..." I whisper with tears.

How could I have forgotten all this, my brother, this place. Instead of speaking further I just held my brother. Closing my eyes I'm greeted with the smell of flowers and the sounds of water gently flowing.

Opening my eyes, I'm somehow laying on my back in what looks to be the mansions garden. Smiling up at the sky custodius's head peeks into view.

"Why don't I remember any of this?" I ask taking his hand and brushing my dress off.

Sadly he smiles down at me, taking my hand he leads me to a small wooden bench beside the gardens fountain.

"Lilia, after I died Mother and Father and all higher commands believed your life would be at danger for a second time. So they erased all memories and lived with mother and father under a characteristics spell to hide your identity"

It all makes sense.

"How come I can talk to you if your..." I tear up.

"Because we are one" he smiles.

I like the sound of that. I like this the peace, the sense of finding someone iv been missing all these years, knowing the truth. But with my luck this can't last long.

"I'm always with you Lilia, watching over you. Your eyes are my window, your heart is my lifeline, for now I guard your soul. But Lilia there is sow thing blocking me from seeing, I need you to tell me what it is" Custodius's smile drops and is replaced with a sudden serious look.

"I... I let Kylel feed... And in return..." I trail off.

Right on queue Brothers face dims and fills with fear and shock.

"Lilia please tell me you didn't"

I open my mouth to say yes but I don't have the heart.

"I didn't know Brother, I'm sorry" I apologise.

I'm wrapped in his arms hastily as he whispers in my ear and the garden turns dark.

I remember.

I remember!.

But these are not my memories...

I look up at Custodius to see his ragged form, black soulless eyes and harshly flicked hair.