Act 1: Back, Like The Thing Behind The Front

Scene 1:

It's January 15, 2031. Holly successfully managed to run away from America, and is now living in Australia, with a fake ID to pass as a Year 12 student. She is living in Perth now, and the best part, is that Josh and Rosa moved there, and "adopted" her from the "streets". Her school year stars tomorrow. Right now, it's late afternoon, and she's home alone, in the living room of her new house, with her laptop, logged into the private servers of Club Penguin, talking to Eddie.

Holly: So, yeah. Now I'm living in Perth.

Eddie: I don't get it. Why Perth?

Holly: Well, I can't go back to Brissy, for obvious reasons. And... Rosa and Josh moved here, so they adopted me.

Eddie: What? No way. That means you're actually older than your mom and dad.

Holly: Haha, yep. That's how young I look.

Eddie: To be fair, you're only 25. And Rosa looks like a zombie, so it's easier to look younger than her.

Holly: Yeah, it is.

Eddie: So, when does school start?

Holly: Tomorrow. I'll be a senior.

Eddie: Cool. At least you get to experience a whole year. I didn't even spend one semester at Blue Fire.

Holly: You had more fun in that one semester, than me in my entire life.

Eddie: Not sure about that, though... Anyways, I gotta go.

Holly: Okay. And remember: Not a word about this to anyone else, please!

Eddie: I'll try. Bree has been so worried, ever since you ran away.

Holly: She'll understand one day... Or maybe not. 

Eddie: It's your decision... Anyways, bye. And good luck for tomorrow.

Holly: Thanks. Bye.

[They both log off. Holly closes her laptop. Josh and Rosa come inside]

Holly: Hey, you're home!

Josh: (tired) Phew... Carrying all these groceries is exhausting.

Rosa: Hey, don't look at me. You were the one who insisted we took turns. Last week, I had to carry them by myself.

Josh: Whatever. I'm just gonna take all of these to the kitchen.

[Josh goes to the kitchen. Rosa sits next to Holly]

Rosa: ... You!

Holly: Me?

Rosa: You were talking to Eddie again, weren't you?

Holly: Maybe.

Rosa: Seriously? Bruh. And then you wonder why you can't forget him. You're always talking to him.

Holly: He's my friend. I'm not gonna stop being his friend, just because I still have feelings for him.

Rosa: And then you complain that you can't sleep at night, because you're thinking about him, and crying... You know what? I forbid you from talking to him again, for now!

Holly: (laughs) You're not my real mom.

Rosa: Hey! Listen to me, young lady!

Holly: ...You do realize I'm older than you, don't you?

Rosa: I am?... That doesn't matter. You need to get over him. It's been 3 fucking years.

Holly: You don't think I've tried not talking to him? Nothing works... He's the one that got away. If I could...