Act 10: What Legends Are Made Of

Scene 1:

Despite Murray's craziness, him and Chase managed to become good friends at the hospital. They kept hanging out, and having classes together, and eventually, both finished high school. Right now, it's Christmas morning. The two of them are opening gifts given to them by the hospital. The hospital radio is playing "Best Day Ever" by Mac Miller.

Chase: What is it?

Murray: (unwraps it, and finds out it's a skateboard) Holy shit, Archie. A new scooter!

Chase: ... Sure, scooter.

Murray: I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this baby. What is yours?

Chase: (unwraps his gift, and it is a pogo stick) Wow.

Murray: Woah, Archie. They gave you a dildo.

[Chase can't hold his laugther back, and bursts out laughing. So does Murray]

Chase: Hahaha, a dildo.

Murray: Yeah, because it looks like one... But just kidding, I know that's a skateboard.

Chase: Of course.

Murray: Anyways, man... It's been hella fun, Archie. For real.

Chase: You bet!

Murray: But now it's time for me to go.

Chase: ... Ehrm, to go where?

Murray: Back home. Leaving the hospital.

Chase: W-what? You're leaving?

Murray: Yeah. I've been cleared to leave. I'm not crazy anymore, Archie. So, if you excuse me (picks up his skateboard), I'm gonna have some fun with my new scooter.

Chase: B-but you can't leave. What about me? We had such a great time, and now I'll be here, all alone.

Murray: We had a great time indeed. But I gotta get outta this place... And quite frankly, so do you. Get outta this place, man. Show up at Alicia's home for Christmas. Surprise her.

Chase: (confused) Who's Alicia?

Murray: Duh, that girl on your phone. The one you love.

Chase: Oh, sure... I really can't do that. 

Murray: Yes, you can, you jackass! You're here wasting your time, when you could be spending the rest of your life with her. And I'm the crazy one.

[Chase doesn't respond]

Murray: That's right, you don't even say anything. Because you know I'm making sense.

Chase: Well, it doesn't matter, okay? It's been too fucking long now.

Murray: Too long for what? It's not even been 2 months. She's probably thinking about you 24/7. Get your head out of your ass, Archie. Go get Alicia.

Chase: ... But what happens when I die? What's her life gonna be like.

Murray: Bruh, why are you worrying? You're not gonna be here to deal with that, and quite frankly, she wants you now. She doesn't give two shits about what's gonna happen next.

Chase: ... Are you sure?

Murray: Yes, I'm fucking sure.

Chase: ... Then that's it. I'm gonna leave the hospital.

Murray: (ecstatic) Yes! Finally!

Chase: (heroic tone) I'm gonna get out, and I'm gonna be with her forever.

Murray: That's the fucking spirit!

[They are both happy, but then they realize this might be the end of their friendship]