Act 6: Snowball Warfare

Scene 1:

It's early July, and the winter has officially started. After the end of Term 2, Kate kept her promise of taking all of them to her cabin, in Kiandra, for a winter vacation. They arrived the night before, and right now, it's the morning. Holly is already up, and outside, sitting in the cabin's patio furniture, wearing winter clothes. She has her laptop on, and she's been talking to Eddie for a bit.

Eddie: No way... No. No fucking way.

Holly: I'm telling you. It's the truth.

Eddie: You and Chase? That's like... The most unbelievable couple ever... Although, now that I think about it, you two are perfect for each other.

Holly: Yeah, we are. It's been a freakin' dream. And now we're both in Kiandra, with our friends.

[Holly hears some noise inside the cabin]

Holly: I think Chase is up, Would you like to talk to him?

Eddie: Well... I mean... It would be the first time we talked since... You know?

Holly: Yeah, since he faked his own death. And you're worried it's gonna be awkward. But it's you and Chase. C'mon, you guys were besties at one point.

Eddie: That is true... Ugh, this is Leo and Adam all over again. Never thought I'd be in this position.

[Chase comes outside]

Chase: Babe, what are you doing?

Holly: Talking to Eddie. Would you like to talk to him?

Chase: Eh, I don't know. 

Holly: C'mon. It's you and Eddie. It won't be awkward, I can assure you that.

Chase: ... (sigh) Give me the laptop.

[Chase takes a seat, and Holly hands him the laptop]

Chase: Eddie, you there?

Eddie: Chase? Holy shit... I never thought I'd talk to you again.

Chase: Well, me neither. How you doing?

Eddie: Pretty good, actually. How 'bout you? I understand you're dating Holly now.

Chase: Yeah... I hope you're not mad at me, for kinda breaking the bro code, and dating your ex.

Eddie: I think it's alright, once you fake your own death.

Chase: Yeah, sorry about that little detail.

Eddie: Oh, don't worry. I've had enough months to stop being mad at that. Right now, it's just like talking to a ghost... Well, literally.

Chase: I'm not that pale, bruh.

Eddie: No, I'm serious. The current Blue Fire students invented ghost stories about you. You are literally a ghost now.

Chase: Really? Pretty cool... Sounds to me like I'm more of a meme, but who cares, am I right?

Eddie: Nah, you have to be alive to be a meme. You're dead to them, so you're just a ghost.

[Chase and Holly hear more noise coming from the inside]

Chase: Well, looks like our other friends are coming. I think it's time to go. But it was nice talking to you, my dude.

Eddie: Yeah, it was really nice talking to you too. Hopefully, we'll see each other again.

Chase: Not sure that'll ever happen, but one can only hope. Bye, dude.

Eddie: I have faith that it will. At least one more time. Bye.

[Chase logs out, and hands the laptop back to Holly. She then closes it, puts it on the table, and the two of them start cuddling]