Act 4: Zoo Trip

Scene 1:

Some weeks have passed. After Valentine's Day, Holly and Chase haven't really kissed again, nor have they talked about their feelings. But they're both having a lot of fun, and enjoying each other's company. Right now, it's April 1st, and a Saturday. The group has agreed to meet up at the beach. Holly and Kate are already there, waiting for the rest of them.

Kate: I can't believe Mark got us tickets to Brisbane.

Holly: Me neither... I'll get to see my hometown.

Kate: By the way... How are things between you and Chase?

Holly: I don't know... The same.

Kate: C'mon, you guys have to make some progress.

Holly: And who says it'll happen?

Kate: I do. You guys have kissed. You even had a date, on Valentine's Day... Maybe you should talk to him about this.

Holly: Oh, no. No, no no no no. The last time I tried to tell a boy I liked him, it went wrong. I'm not falling for that again.

Kate: Well, one day, one of you is gonna have to do something.

Holly: The same could be said about you and Greg.

Kate: It's a different situation, and you know it. We haven't kissed yet. We never went on a date. 

Holly: Yeah, whatever.

[Meanwhile, Chase and Greg are on their way to the beach]

Greg: So, how are things between you and Holly?

Chase: So far, the same... We had those kisses, and that date, on Valentine's Day, and that's it.

Greg: Just grow some balls, and tell her how you feel.

Chase: Oh, bold words coming from the guy who can't ask Kate out.

Greg: Dude, it's different. Kate and I are friends.

Chase: So are Holly and I... Like, it's hard. There should be a guide on how to go from friends, to lovers... Even though I technically did that before.

Greg: You did?

Chase: Yeah, but it was a very different girl, in a very different context. 

Greg: Mate, you never mentioned that. What exactly happened?

Chase: It's a loooooooong story. 

[They get to the beach, and run into Holly and Kate]

Greg: Hey girls. Is Mark here?

Kate: Not yet.

[Gemma shows up]

Gemma: Hey, is everyone having second thoughts about this trip to Brisbane?

Chase: What do you mean?

Gemma: I don't know, it seems weird that Mark would just randomly buy us plane tickets, for no reason... Who knows, if he will kidnap us, or something.

Holly: Yeah, right.

Greg: Sometimes, people find cheap plane tickets.

Kate: How long will the flights take, by the way?

Greg: About 4 and a half hours. 

[Mark shows up, with an evil, smug smile on his face, almost as if he is about to burst out laughing]

Holly: Finally, you're here.

Chase: Yeah. Let's go to Brissy.

Greg: Where are the tickets, champ?