Chapter 1

Ever been to The Wedding Of The Year? I have once. My cousin, Molly, had one two years ago. She had this Disney fantasy wedding, from princess dress to Disney names on the different tables.

I was a part of the bridesmaids, but other than the dress, I'd say it's debatable. Honestly, the photos during preparation and the actual wedding, I'm barely there. I wasn't even invited to the afternoon tea bachelorette thing. There was no alcohol, so it was okay for a sixteen-year-old, but nope.

Anyway, let's get back to the present. I'm working at the smoothie shop with my other cousin's girlfriend.

She's 24 and quite tall. She's dark blonde and has light green eyes. She helps out everyone who needs it, always giving leftover food from the day to the homeless shelters. However, she loves pranks and is the Queen of Mischief. This is perfect for my cousin, Mack, the king of Mischief.

"Are you coming to ours later?" She asks me as she eyes the guy ordering. She has that spark that she gets when she's pranking someone.

"Is Molly going to be there?" I ask her back. She sighs but nods her head. "Only if you help me prank her."

She finishes the smoothie and gives it to the guy. She turns back to me, "why do you want to prank her?"

"Payback," I answer. It may be petty, but every time I see her, she always pushes me aside or makes me feel stupid.

Lola chuckles with a shake of her head. The guy comes back with anger in his eyes. I send Lola to the back room and get him.

"Hi, sir. How may I help you?" I say with a small smile.

He shoots me a glare, "Where's that other girl?"

I smile politely, "on break. So what can I help you with."

He tries to come back, but I manage to stop him, "let me through. She put actual milk in this."

"Are you allergic?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"No, I asked for soy for my diet, but that girl put actual milk," he huffs, still trying to get through, shoving me against the wall. Our boss and owner walk in and pull the guy away.

"Sir, please don't attack my employees," our boss says. He turns to me, "what made him so aggressive?"

"You know the policy that we don't swap ingredients unless they have an allergy? This guy didn't believe us and is now trying to attack Lola," I explain. Boss nods before getting the shopping centre's security to escort him away. He tells me to take my break with an extra 5 minutes.

I head into the back room, and Lola is waiting anxiously. I straighten my clothes, "Your lucky your boyfriend doesn't visit. I just got manhandled for you."

"Then you'd be the perfect bridesmaid," she says with a laugh. I do a double-take.

"Your engaged!" I exclaim. She nodded her head, and I hugged her. "I'd love to be your bridesmaid."

She hugs me back, "Molly said you wouldn't."

I laugh and release her, "of course, she said that. She wanted her bridesmaids to only be bridesmaids for her and each other. I didn't sign a disclaimer and technically only wore the outfit."

Her face drops and turns confused, "what?"

"Ask Mack. They called bridesmaid for a photo, and I got turned away because I didn't have a date," I shrug, "hell, just ask for photos of her wedding, then play spot, Clara."

Lola laughs. Then see's my serious face and then stops. We grab our food and then sit down to eat.

"Then don't tell her you're a bridesmaid. Then at the wedding, you'll shock her, actually don't tell anyone but Mack. Oh, you've just inspired an idea," Lola says with a massive smile. She pulls out her phone and texts somebody.